• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will these last three games make Newton a bunch of money?

PantherAZ

Cam knows what losing feels like....ie the first two seasons with us....he wants to win....He won't take a huge contract.  He had plenty of money coming in from other avenues...he'll take around 12-15 mil so we can bring in other players to make him better.  He's young and despite W-L record, he's done really well.  Think if any other QB had this OL.....Cam has done a lot with what he has to this point.  things are starting to turn and Cam does not want to spur that growth.  KEEP POUNDING!!!!!!

I just love how people want to see Cam get a record setting contract, yet they want the team to spend big money to put more weapons around him.

Something has to give.

They didn't put more weapons around him when he was getting paid only 5mil. I think Cam is following the NFL even more than us and he sees what talents other teams have that the panthers straight up ignore and while relying mostly on him. You think if Cam had the opportunity to go to a team like the Texans with 2 top WR, great RB, a very good OL and good defense he wouldn't bolt next year. You also have the Titans with a good group of WR and a great OL, Cleveland with Gordon, the Vikings with AP, Patterson and Jennings. You get the point.

You guys need to realize that the Panthers are one of the most limited team talent-wise. You ever wonder why the media never take us seriously even on our winning streak. We're an over-performing ragtag bunch. We need to stop fooling ourselves. The OL is not there, the RBs are hit or miss(and cost us a bunch), the WRs are abysmal, the secondary is, well, secondary. The only bright spot on this team is the Front 7 and Cam(who leads this team in rushing against every good team we play). In fact, we're mirror image to the Jets. Only difference is we have Cam and they don't.  We better lock Cam in before he gets big eyed and someone else does offer him. You guys act like you have some great team that can beat anybody without Cam. Lmao

Plus, with our salary cap issues we have barely any talents to show for it. The Jets doesn't have much talent other than their front 7 but they're like 40 mil below the cap.

Cam doesn't need to win the Superbowl to be the highest paid qb.

I believe his unique skill set is what will make him the highest paid qb, whether he gets extended now, or two years from now. He's already proven to be a very good qb that has grown as a player, and his potential is still higher than any qb in the league.

You will have to pay if ya want it.

I believe the Panthers will pay....but it won't be in 2014.

When Cam gets his record breaking contract.........    I wonder if fans will complain about him "screwing the team" and "leaving them with little money to get talent around him".              Despite the fact that he was making pennies compared to most of the other qbs,  over the last three years,  and all we've really given him was f'n Ginn and Olsen.     Olsen is good... but, a good TE in an aging or talentless offense,  doesn't really elevate the offense.

If you're still doubting Cam as a franchise QB then you have something wrong with you medulla oblongata. If Cam is not a franchise QB then list us you think are then we might be able to have a better response to your crappy thread.

I'm sorry. Was that English? No one ever said anything about doubting Cam. I was just discussing money.

Archived