• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF finale: San Diego's last stand

Boltergeist

The SEC talk is so asinine. I can't stand those blowhards who claim The SEC is vastly superior talent-wise just because that conference is 'Pro-Ready'.

Sherman, Ngata, Suh, D. Washington, Long, E. Thomas, McCoy, Kuechly, Revis, Pierre-Paul, L. David, Quinn, Lee, Byrd, Wilkerson, Gamble, Mayo, Wilfork, Tillman, Star, etc all didn't play in the SEC.

yep

The SEC talk is so asinine. I can't stand those blowhards who claim The SEC is vastly superior talent-wise just because that conference is 'Pro-Ready'.

Sherman, Ngata, Suh, D. Washington, Long, E. Thomas, McCoy, Kuechly, Revis, Pierre-Paul, L. David, Quinn, Lee, Byrd, Wilkerson, Gamble, Mayo, Wilfork, Tillman, Star, etc all didn't play in the SEC.

Megatron, AP, Brady and Brees didn't either lol but im just happy Alshon is representing SC well.

Man, I'm sorry Boltergeist but your LB corp is soooo disappointing nowadays. Butler is legit but Te'o and Ingram have been average and English is a bust. Sure, Merriman was juicing but your pass rushing LBers were feared.

they have been a mess, since everyone's been injured. I'm holding out any verdicts on Te'o and Ingram until they've had a healthy offseason. We'll need upgrades inside after Butler/Te'o/Walker, but I like our outside guys next year. Secondary's where we need the most upgrade.

I've always had reservations about Te'o. He has good instincts but his tackling technique, ability to disengage from blockers, coverage skills and sideline-to-sideline speed are worrisome.

Ingram is very athletic. He could potentially be an epic boom or bust. It's hard to say what he'll be at the moment but I like how much ground he covers in such a short amount of time. Melvin's short arms are proving to be a liability thus far though.

Secondary? Definitely. I don't know who the hell you got back there anymore other than Weddle and Bigby.

Bigby's not with us anymore. Right now Shareece Wright and Richard Marshall are the starters at corner - Cox has been a Meacham level bust. Gilchrist is the other safety - I'd like to see Brandon Taylor get a shot. Jahleel Addae is a good lower rotation guy.

As far as next year, I'm hoping to see 1st round pick-Wright at CB and Weddle-Taylor at S with Addae/Gilchrist as utility type guys. Darrell Stuckey and Crezdon Butler may have spots as ST guys.

I had the TV on yesterday afternoon and happened upon all the NFL shows that permeate airtime these days:

Mike Florio on PFT: 42-30 Denver...

NFL Live: 38-20 Denver...

...and the list goes on.....

Right now? The playoffs are going to be fun to watch because anyone could go down at any moment.

I had the TV on yesterday afternoon and happened upon all the NFL shows that permeate airtime these days:

Mike Florio on PFT: 42-30 Denver...

NFL Live: 38-20 Denver...

...and the list goes on.....

Right now? The playoffs are going to be fun to watch because anyone could go down at any moment.

I totally agree I can't wait for the playoffs to start espcially since it seems the Panthers will be there.

Archived