• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We're getting Closer by the day

Kettle

Another sign that the season is fast approaching, Fox put its pre-season power ranking out yesterday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

The panthers are at a respectable 8th going into the year.

SUMMER STRENGTH: This is definitely a John Fox team, constructed on offense around a dominant ground game that ranked third in the NFL last season with a franchise record 2,437 rushing yards and 30 TDs. The backs are stacked, with the DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart combo spiced up with rookie third-round speedster Mike Goodson, and the strong O-line returns all five starters to camp.

CAMP CONCERN: Can a secondary that was torched in Carolina's 33-13 playoff loss to Arizona erase the trauma this summer?

COOL STAT: Including their wild-card loss at Arizona, the Panthers gave up 30+ points in five of their last seven games.

falcons at 4 though?

Ahhh... it's killing me... I'm so ready for football season... every morning I eat breakfast to ESPN SportCenter showing stupid ass baseball highlights...

Nice avatar BTW, rep if I can.

Thats Charity Hodges. remember the thread? note the new line under the username.

Another sign that the season is fast approaching, Fox put its pre-season power ranking out yesterday.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

The panthers are at a respectable 8th going into the year.

falcons at 4 though?

how? im glad to see the media jumping on the falcon wagon,fug them.GO PANTHERS.glad to see they said something about goodson too,lets run the wishbone.stew at fb and dwill and goodson as the two backs behind him.

That list is surprisingly good considering that all of them are usually horrible. Falcons at four is not unbelievable, a little higher than I would have them though. Eighth for the panthers is probably right, and that's where I would put them if I wasn't such a homer.

Archived