• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can Jimmy Clausen read a defense?

Awesomeness!!

I really can't believe there's a Jimmy Clausen thread that's been on the front page all damn day. 

It's the offseason.  This is only the first of many stupid threads to come :(

They usually get dumber as the offseason goes along.

(granted this one has set the bar pretty high)

If you had stopped after the 1st paragraph, I would have agreed 100%.

I don't think there are any significant number of fans for the Seahawks, 9'ers or Panthers that feel their QB should be traded. In Cam's case, that would have been true earlier this year, but it's not now. People almost unanimously support him after the season he had and his heroics in the Saints game in particular.

And no one doubted Griffin coming into the league. Given this season, perhaps they should have, but at the time just about any QB needy team would have wanted him once you got past Indy.

That said, it will be interesting to read the storylines the next time Colin or Russel or Cam are part of a losing season.

I'm sure there are Pat fans that think the Patriots should have moved on from Tom Brady years ago (especially since they haven't won a SB lately). You're last paragraph is 100% right.

I have said this before.The difference between Stafford and Bridgewater or Cutler and Geno Smith or Luck and Griffin, etc. is that Stafford, Cutler, Luck etc came into the league with the ASSUMPTION that they are capable of being an NFL QB. They have to prove they are NOT franchise QBs-- repeatedly to their organization and fan bases before they are given up on. It is assumed they are NFL Ready, can read defenses, capable leaders, and have great work ethics.

Manizel will get this benefit. So will McCarron and Murray. Bridgewater will not. Boyd will not. The later two are "suspicious." 

Bridgewater, Smith, Griffin, etc. have to prove and do it repeatedly that they are capable of running a NFL offense. It is assumed they are NOT NFL single callers. And then again, even if proven to be more than capable, they NEVER really are accepted as franchise QBs. See McNabb, Culpepper, McNair.

This is also the reason why we have Dolphins, Colts, and Bengels (for the most part) ready to extend their QBs. Meanwhile, there are quite a bit of 49ers, Seahawks, and plenty of Carolina fans hoping that their teams pick up the 4th year option and/or tag and trade their current QB. 

Kirk Cousin's QB rating is consistently lower than RGIII's. He is FAR less accomplished than Griffin and as this year proved, not able to win with the Redskins roster either. Yet if asked, most NFL fans will tell you Cousins has "proven to be a NFL QB" and Griffin has not proven anything. See Cousin gets the benefit. Griffin does not despite his accomplishments.

I could give other examples but I will leave it there.

I think most fans of the 49ers, Seahawks, and Panthers are very happy with their QB.  I could see people not wanting to extend Cam this offseason due to the fact that our cap is such a mess.  I do not agree with them, but I could understand the argument.

Also, both Cousins and Griffin suck, Redskins are screwed.

Archived