• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Commish now considering Marijuana or it's street name "pot", to be used by NFL players who have concussions

Hotsauce

Idk about you but I know far more people addicted to marijuana than alchohol. Can't even stop smoking for just one week in order to pass a drug screen for a job that THEY want. That's bad

You are absolutely right. People like that do exist.

However, a psychological addiction is normally much easier to dispose of than a physical one.

You just get worse, and worse.

What I oppose, are ignorant bigots who make everyone else look bad. Hopefully the mods dispose of you soon.

Funniest part is I live in the most culturally diverse city in the the US for the last 8 years and work with people from all over the world, not to mention I'm married to a South American woman.  Maybe you should get out of your little sandbox and lighten up a bit.  

You are so eager to defend a guy who embarrassed himself, his team and his city because you think the word thug is a racial slur.....well it's not...just because Sherman wants it to be doesn't mean it is.  

Full Definition of THUG

:  a brutal ruffian or assassin :  gangstertough

I don't see a racial slur anywhere in Websters definition. 

It is a terrible idea because one of the chief symptoms of being high is short-term memory loss. Do you really want players being stoned before practice? I think not.

It should be legal, but people should stop lying about it being some miracle drug. It's not, and even if it was smoking is a terrible way to administer a drug.

Smoke it? I know quite a few patients and they rarely smoke it. Patients eat it. Any smart persons who can legally access it is going to eat it. But on the same token is swallowing a bunch of pain pills, or chemo safe to administer in the fashion that it is? My opinion is you have absolutley no experience with cancer or other illness and the medicine that is administered or taken. They all have god awful effects. But they're used because the purpose outweighs the effects. No one is talking about being stoned before practice, they are talking about supporting it as an option for concussions. People will still have free will, calm down. I can legally drink too, doesn't mean im going to go get wasted before work. If you have a concussion you need meds for why in the fug are you going out to practice?

Sounds to me you're just trying to make a point to argue. I don't smoke, I don't drink.  A miracle drug? Meh, not for me, but if some sick or dying poeple tell me it is for them why do I give a fug? It should be legal because of all the lies surrounding its use are clearly outdated and feuled by money and poeple are not facing the facts, it should be legal because when we look at it in perspective, in other words comparing it to what is legal like alcohol, it makes us look just plain fuging stupid.

And for god sakes why in the fug are cigarettes still legal?

Smoke it? I know quite a few patients and they rarely smoke it. Patients eat it. Any smart persons who can legally access it is going to eat it. But on the same token is swallowing a bunch of pain pills, or chemo safe to administer in the fashion that it is? My opinion is you have absolutley no experience with cancer or other illness and the medicine that is administered or taken. They all have god awful effects. But they're used because the purpose outweighs the effects. No one is talking about being stoned before practice, they are talking about supporting it as an option for concussions. People will still have free will, calm down. I can legally drink too, doesn't mean im going to go get wasted before work. If you have a concussion you need meds for why in the fug are you going out to practice?

Sounds to me you're just trying to make a point to argue. I don't smoke, I don't drink.  A miracle drug? Meh, not for me, but if some sick or dying poeple tell me it is for them why do I give a fug? It should be legal because of all the lies surrounding its use are clearly outdated and feuled by money and poeple are not facing the facts, it should be legal because when we look at it in perspective, in other words comparing it to what is legal like alcohol, it makes us look just plain fuging stupid.

And for god sakes why in the fug are cigarettes still legal?

Calm down. Just because I disagree about medical use doesn't mean I think anyone who uses it is an idiot or that it should be illegal. I happen to think that the negative, long-term effects of use outweigh any positive short-term effects, but it's not my right to stop you from using it.

It should be legal, because it is at the very worst (assuming the long-term effects of marijuana smoke tar and carcinogens are  similar in potency to tobacco smoke and/or THC use has a very negative effect on the brain), it would be less dangerous than tobacco use, and tobacco is legal. I happen to think it should face the exact same regulation as tobacco (ie. cancer warnings and advertising bans), but that's just me.

Cigarettes are still legal because big tobacco brings a lot of jobs and a lot of money. Which is kind of dumb when you think about it because any revenue they bring in is dwarfed by the medical costs long-term tobacco use brings.

Archived