• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the NFL fixing games?

Way Truth Life

Right on.The NFL "fixes" games by creating a salary cap, the draft order, etc.  Just trying to level the playing field.  If the NFL fixed games, we would not have seen Seatte and Denver playing on the east coast--We would have seen the Giants and Jets.

I really don't think Jets vs Giants (Geno vs Int Manning) would draw even CLOSE to the ratings of the "best defense vs best offense" battle we seen.  Let's be real.  It's not about seats, they get sold regardless, it is about TV ratings.   Like I said, they have been propping up Seattle all year and Wilson as a Saint, and Peyton and the big offense.   If I tell you the sky is blue and you say it's purple, even though you can see it right in front of your eyes, not much else I can do.  There is a reason there is a ton of speculation coming out now, it's everywhere, and it's because the NFL is trying too hard now.

All it takes is one ref to turn the tide, it may not always work, but a lot of times it does.  Why do the rules keep getting more muddy and harder to make judgements on?   Refs have a LOT of leeway on making decisions.  It can go one way, or the other, so basically the ref has complete control.  What is a catch?  Who knows.  Rules get more complicated each year, not simplified, and for good reason.  Why are refs the only people in the NFL that have no consequences on bad performance?  I find that odd.  I also find it odd that when the extra official is picked for the Superbowls, a lot of times it's someone with a bad performance rating the whole year.  

I fully expect next season or the next to be when Manning wins another super bowl, it will also be the year he's retiring so the rating will blow up at Manning's "last game".   I believe it started about a decade ago, not before, since then the storylines are always too perfect, and there are too many coincidences.  Like I said, lots of people refuse to admit that things are fishy and their sport isn't completely clean, those are people in denial.  Money rules all, ratings are God for the NFL.   The NFL is slightly above the WWE, as a entertainment company, they can legally rig outcomes as they wish.  

The number of people that would be required to fix an NFL game would make it impossible to actually rig one.

To quote a saying: The only way two people can keep a secret is if one of them is dead"

The risk would not be worth the reward for the NFL. It would only take one disgruntled employee to blow tje whole thing out of the water and ruin the NFL just like it hapoened to the MLB.

I really don't think Jets vs Giants (Geno vs Int Manning) would draw even CLOSE to the ratings of the "best defense vs best offense" battle we seen. 

I was joking about the Giants Jets--that would actually be horrible because it directly impacts only one market.  I agree with your statement, however.  The matchup was a good one, except for the fact that it involved 2 teams from Western divisions. 

I look at basketball and baseball to a degree, and the way the rules allow for major markets to thrive and play in championships where small markets are disadvantaged. 

Archived