• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Scouting site: Sidelineview's big board

dos poptarts

They've got their scouting reviews of lots of players (sortable). Most top 50 reports include video and timeline notes of good and bad play. There's still top players missing reports so I guess they'll get completed as the draft approaches.

ENJOY.

http://thesidelineview.com/big-board

Here's part of their Jordan Matthews report:

Pros
  • He. Can. Fly
  • Smooth
  • Plays the game at a much faster rate than the rest of the college players on the field
  • Excellent Route runner, precise
  • First three plays noted on South Carolina video, he lined up in 3 different WR positions
  • Gives effort blocking
  • Explosive runner after the catch - plenty of quick hitch and run in his career
  • High points the football
  • Solid hands - tends to body catch going across the middle on occasion
  • Downfield acceleration is obscene
Cons
  • Needs work on his double move - v. Houston 2013, he didn’t sell the stutter and go at all, couldn’t get open.
  • Understanding of coverages, needs to know when to settle down v. zone, sprint v. man
  • Wiry but can he get separation at the LOS against more physical corners?
  • Will push off downfield to high point the football
  • Catches the ball away from his body but lets ball get into his body at times.
  • Has a little hitch when exploding from the line of scrimmage that he got away with in college

Vanderbilt used him all over the field - Z, X, in the slot and even as a tight Y on occasion.  Either way, he’s got scary athleticism, body control and explosiveness.  He’s a lot like Houston Texans WR Deandre Hopkins was coming out of Clemson but Matthews is more polished in the finer things of the game.  The WR class is LOAD-ED so there’s no telling where he’ll land, but an NFL team will get an NFL ready player on day one.

Going by his BPA, if all other teams stayed pat, we'd have:

1st - WR Jarvis Landry

2nd - CB EJ Gaines

3rd - OT Antonio Richardsons

4th - OT Morgan Moses

5th - S Terrence Brooks

6th - WR/RB Dri Archer

7th - TE Xavier Grimble

Well, Looked down the list a couple spots here and there, but never went up the board for any selection. I'd be ok with those selections.

Going by his BPA, if all other teams stayed pat, we'd have:

1st - WR Jarvis Landry

2nd - CB EJ Gaines

3rd - OT Antonio Richardsons

4th - OT Morgan Moses

5th - S Terrence Brooks

6th - WR/RB Dri Archer

7th - TE Xavier Grimble

Well, Looked down the list a couple spots here and there, but never went up the board for any selection. I'd be ok with those selections.

I love EJ Gaines. Underrated CB in the draft this year. I see him as a riser after the combine.

Archived