• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hakeem Nicks: "I can see myself catching passes from Cam Newton" (among others)

Gabeking

Nicks is talented, I don't think there are many who will dispute that. But there are concerns. You can't blame Eli Manning, or his other teammates for Nicks missing team meetings in the same losing season in which he was publicly declaring to the media that he is one of the best receivers in the league, while also failing to reach the end zone even once.

If a player has that many receptions and yards and no touchdowns, there is something else going on other than him just failing to reach the end zone. Play calling, offensive scheme, qb decision making, a lot goes into play. He had more yards than anyone on our roster.

i hope u don't mean in the 1st round. I really hope we can grab 1 for super cheap in FA & then double dip in the later rounds of the draft

Would love the kid to start at LT from auburn but as I said Mathews,lewan,Robinson will all go top 15, I don't know who we may look at there's slot of guys outhere would do a job but have played mostly at RT, il reserve my judgement til when the season starts but I'm suprised we didn't go after one of Monroe,Veldheer, Albert or Collins.

Would love the kid to start at LT from auburn but as I said Mathews,lewan,Robinson will all go top 15, I don't know who we may look at there's slot of guys outhere would do a job but have played mostly at RT, il reserve my judgement til when the season starts but I'm suprised we didn't go after one of Monroe,Veldheer, Albert or Collins.

You don't know who we've contacted and pursued.

You don't know about anything we've done, no one does. Other LT's being in negotiations isn't the same as "have signed." Have some patience.

People need to understand we're "cap challenged" and Gettlemen is trying to fix it for the long term, not just put a bandaid on it.

We may not do much of anything and rely on guys we already have, but if it puts us in a much better position forward then I have a hard time arguing with it.

Free agency doesn't start until tomorrow. Why are you discussing it like it's over?

Free agency doesn't start until tomorrow. Why are you discussing it like it's over?

I trust certain media guys and if they say that certain tackles are pretty much done deals to certain teams I don't doubt them.

Is it negative I don't think so, you needed to replace gross with one of these guys, look at the figures being passed around 7-8mill for a 26year old LT is a steal, are we interested in them? I doubt we are as we decided to use all out money on hardy.

Archived