• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets Transformation Thread - Live Press Conference @ 12:30 PM (Updated 5/7 @ 11:49PM)

cdandi1

"Will there ever be a Bobcat throw back night?"   LMAO..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yes, that would be awesome...  Let's bring back Primoz Brezec for it and call it, "Not Quite What You Wanted Night."

Yeah, Tom Benson should get a lot of credit for being generous enough to give us the history back.  Not sure why Pelican fans are so bad.  What attachment do they have to Larry Johnson?  Muggsy Bogues?  Glen Rice?  Bobby Phills?  None.  They get to keep the Paul/West/Chandler years, which is what should've happened.

Almost shed a tear, Guelli said, "We have every intention of returning Bobby Phills' jersey to its rightful home here."

I grew up going to Hornets games at the Hive, but I'm only 23 and was two weeks shy of my 9th birthday at the time of his death - why exactly did we retire his jersey? I remember when the story came out, but didn't really understand (or care that much, as a little kid) all of the nitty gritty.

To me it seems like him and the other Hornets player were racing at high speeds, and Phills could have easily killed the people in the car that he swerved and hit. It kind of seems odd to retire someone's jersey that did that, so I gotta be missing something.

I'm pretty sure this is a typo, but they are saying the pelicans get no hornets history. Gotta be a typo..

Yeah, that's a typo.  Whitfield said during the presser that Charlotte gets 1988-2002, New Orleans gets everything after that.  So we'll be recognized as 1988-2002, 2004-present (Bobcats history).

Pelicans fans are losing their minnnndddd

Good, the ones that are feeling salty now knows what it feels like to have something stolen from them.  Difference is, it never belonged to them in the first place.

I prefer the cordial Pelicans fans that helped in the process of returning the name/brand back to its rightful home, not those idiots on that Pelicans board who thinks they should've kept OUR history, name, colors, and all.  They're idiots...  First off, when the team moved, they immediately changed to the color scheme with yellow.  Second, Benson said himself, he wanted a team unique to New Orleans, and as far as he was concerned, it was a rebirth of the franchise when he renamed them - the Hornets didn't mean anything to New Orleans from a historical and cultural perspective.  The brand and name were stolen, simple as that.  Benson rightfully wanted to distance himself from that and rightfully so, the history of the team returns to the city it should've never left. 

Archived