• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 Draft: "Consensus" Top 200 Big Boards from 34 Experts

SgtJoo

NFL Draft Tracker, a great website for getting detailed reports on prospects as well as a general understanding of the theories driving the draft, made a good point not too long ago: consensus boards don’t make a lot of sense if we don’t discriminate between those who are purely evaluating player talent and those who are attempting to reflect the consensus of the league.

That’s fine—these draft resources generally answer two questions: 1) “Who’s Good?” and 2) “Who Are We Going to Pick?”

As a result, we can construct two consensus boards. I ended up including 34 total boards (listed at the bottom of this post), with 22 of the boards categorized as coming from “evaluators” and the other 12 coming from people categorized as “projectors.”

For these boards, I’ve used different positional names to get a clearer picture of a player’s most often projected role, so that we can compare like to like. For example, I think a rush linebacker and an edge-setting defensive end are more alike than different, and that to categorize one as an “LB” and the other as a “DE” causes too much confusion—Anthony Barr is not similar to C.J. Mosley, even though both are considered “LBs,” while Jadeveon Clowney and Stephon Tuitt hardly play the same position, despite both being “DEs.”

There's a lot of good stuff after this so you should definitely hit the link: http://vikingsterritory.com/2014/nfl-draft-2014/2014-nfl-draft-consensus-top-200-big-board-from-34-experts-forecasters-vs-evaluators

But if you want the TLDR consensus board here's the direct link to the table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1II4uZ3AlpZMTaen9B-BcfoM3k_AAJAoPwe9CImCui-k/pubhtml

The decision between BPA vs. Need in conjunction with these big boards could mean a player drops to us we didn't truly expect to drop.  I know players drop every year and we benefited from it as well in 2013.  Could it happen this year?  My magic 8 ball says "Yes"....just not sure who it will be.

The decision between BPA vs. Need in conjunction with these big boards could mean a player drops to us we didn't truly expect to drop. I know players drop every year and we benefited from it as well in 2013. Could it happen this year? My magic 8 ball says "Yes"....just not sure who it will be.

I'm hoping for Watkins or Robinson...

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived