• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Soccer season 2014-2015

Ja  Rhule

U do realize Bale did not do much. He was pretty open with ball dropping on his head.

Doesn't matter, he'll be remembered as the player who scored the game winning goal. Like I said, that's why you spend the money for him. Moments like that and the Copa Del Rey.

Think it's pretty safe to say Di Maria is getting a contract extension soon. No chance Ancelotti parts with him now. Honestly I don't expect a lot of changes, probably bring in a mid fielder and maybe move Benz, but think the team will stay mostly in tact now.

Yeah, I fully expect us to go after Pogba and/or Vidal and sell Benzema. Other than that, 95% of this squad will stay in tact.

Sounds like if we go after either it will be Vidal. Not sure we sell Benz, will depend on who they can bring in. Maybe if you can get Falcao or Suarez, but otherwise I think we keep him. Flo loves him some Karim Benzema.

Champions League final was pretty crushing today for everyone that isn't a Real Madrid fan, but we knew they were gonna score.  It was inevitable and Atletico was incredibly fatigued in overtime.  They were done.  They still had a remarkable season and I'm glad they have the La Liga Championship to take from it.  It really is interesting most of my friends who enjoy football are in to La Liga (mainly Barcelona and Real, shocker... right?!) and they all seem to take the CL much more serious than winning the league.  As a Liverpool fan I'd rather win Prem than the CL any day of the week.  In fact in 2012 Manchester City took more spotlight in English football for winning the prem in dramatic fashion than Chelsea did for winning the CL.  Idk, maybe my friends are outliers or something.... or are most La Liga fans just like that?  I'm still new to soccer lol.

Well it seems like early on Suarez talks are calming down which is relieving.  Realistically just who can afford him besides PSG and Real?  And like others have mentioned Real would probably be smarter to bolster their midfield instead of shelling out 80m+ for Suarez.  I mean a front line of Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale.... in my opinion you have a decent shot at winning a lot of games with that.  Then PSG just spent 50m for David Luiz LOL wtf.  So yeah I don't think Suarez is going anywhere this summer.

Early Liverpool targets seem to be Lallana and Pedro, but Southampton is asking for way too much for Lallana and we aren't biting which is promising.  He's a solid player but not worth the 30m price tag Southampton is placing.  And like DirtyMagic said I doubt Pedro happens.  So it'll be interesting to see who Liverpool targets from here.  Man Isco would be amazing, but we just can't afford that I don't think.  Besides where Liverpool really should focus I think is defense.  For fugs sake if anything find a Glen Johnson replacement.  Would love Luke Shaw but seems really unlikely.

Champions League final was pretty crushing today for everyone that isn't a Real Madrid fan, but we knew they were gonna score.  It was inevitable and Atletico was incredibly fatigued in overtime.  They were done.  They still had a remarkable season and I'm glad they have the La Liga Championship to take from it.  It really is interesting most of my friends who enjoy football are in to La Liga (mainly Barcelona and Real, shocker... right?!) and they all seem to take the CL much more serious than winning the league.  As a Liverpool fan I'd rather win Prem than the CL any day of the week.  In fact in 2012 Manchester City took more spotlight in English football for winning the prem in dramatic fashion than Chelsea did for winning the CL.  Idk, maybe my friends are outliers or something.... or are most La Liga fans just like that?  I'm still new to soccer lol.

Well it seems like early on Suarez talks are calming down which is relieving.  Realistically just who can afford him besides PSG and Real?  And like others have mentioned Real would probably be smarter to bolster their midfield instead of shelling out 80m+ for Suarez.  I mean a front line of Ronaldo, Benzema and Bale.... in my opinion you have a decent shot at winning a lot of games with that.  Then PSG just spent 50m for David Luiz LOL wtf.  So yeah I don't think Suarez is going anywhere this summer.

Early Liverpool targets seem to be Lallana and Pedro, but Southampton is asking for way too much for Lallana and we aren't biting which is promising.  He's a solid player but not worth the 30m price tag Southampton is placing.  And like DirtyMagic said I doubt Pedro happens.  So it'll be interesting to see who Liverpool targets from here.  Man Isco would be amazing, but we just can't afford that I don't think.  Besides where Liverpool really should focus I think is defense.  For fugs sake if anything find a Glen Johnson replacement.  Would love Luke Shaw but seems really unlikely.

Cavani is not happy at PSG and wants out.  If he leaves, they will need a replacement.  Suarez is a first name that comes to mind.  It's reported that PSG will sale Cavani at amount they bought him... so around £53 million.  Suarez release clause is £80m.  £26m more...

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/306525.html

Most soccer fans are like that because winning a tournament of the best teams in the entire world is a much greater accomplishment than winning a league title. No offense to the Premier League, but it is much more impressive to beat the Bayern's, Juventus', Chelsea's, Barca's and Dortmund's of the world en route to being crowned as the worlds best football club than winning any league title. I'm disappointed as hell Real didn't pull the treble because it was right there for them, but if I had to pick one title to win in any given year it would be the Champions League, and not because of Decima. Hell of a match today, hate that it had to end. The game of soccer was the biggest winner. 

Archived