• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs

Didn't say they were. So don't put words in my mouth. Pettit was one of the most dominating PFs ever. Averaging 27/16 for his career and dropping 50 to stun the Boston Dynasty in game 6 of the 58 finals.

Karl Malone i think Duncan is a bit better. Poor Karl though. MJ just wouldn't let him and Stockton cash in. Wasn't like they played bad either.

Elvin Hayes was honestly retarded to watch play.

Again I didn't say Timmy wasn't the best. I put him 2 behind Pettit cause i'm a (st. louis lol) Hawks homer. I just think it's a bit much to say any one is the clear cut best unless it's blatantly obvious.

Between those 4 though. Damn.

Petit's averages were inflated by the pace of play, level of talent of big men being lower across the board and only shooting 43% for his career. Great player for his era, but doesn't measure up to Tim's longevity and all around game.  Tim also had to go through the Western conference every year which was mostly superior and had to deal with Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, Durant, Westbrook, etc.

Petit's averages were inflated by the pace of play, level of talent of big men being lower across the board and only shooting 43% for his career. Great player for his era, but doesn't measure up to Tim's longevity and all around game.  Tim also had to go through the Western conference every year which was mostly superior and had to deal with Shaq, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, Durant, Westbrook, etc.

You could also say Timmy's numbers have been inflated by offensively steered rules. The east was more superior when Pettit played. Knocking off the Boston dynasty is nothing to sneeze at. I could name 5 players from that era in one conferencetoo. Idon't see what that proves. Also Pettit's all around game was pretty damn good daresay as good as Duncans. He had an array of offensive moves and was an excellent defender. Different eras are hard to compare. I again just don't think there is a clear cut #1 pf.

Good for Duncan, Ginobili, and Parker. All are true basketball players and should all get HOF nods. Also, Danny Green is slowly becoming one of my favorite players in the NBA.

And a congrats to Boris Diaw, he wasn't very good for us, but at least he didn't completely suck here.

Archived