• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so IF we draft McBuckets at #9....

bLACKpANTHER

Everyone knew he had to be a PG to survive in the NBA. His projected position was clear. What's McDermott's? Anything you say is your opinion. 

There is a reason that Tyreke Evans, Ricky Rubio, and Jonny Flynn were drafted ahead of Stephen Curry.

Since they all knew Steph was a great scorer, shooter, and could play the point why would those guys go first?

I recall it was because he was a tweener who struggled against NBA length and didn't play in one of the big conferences.

Jonny Flynn played against all that NBA talent in the Big East though so I am sure he is dominating these days.  What's he up to?

Terry does it not worry you that he is getting handled by a younger more inexperienced player like TJ? Who will be a later pick.

Not really because he has had great workouts elsewhere.  This blurb was from basketball insiders from yesterday talking about how he was dominating most workouts and his workouts combined with his combine have caused his stock to continue to rise.

However, he has also wowed teams on the court and surprised some talent evaluators in workouts. The guy can flat out score the ball and hit shots from anywhere on the court, so it’s no surprise that he has been able to dominate in the workout environment and embarrass some of his peers. One executive recently told me that McDermott is the best shooter to come through the draft in quite awhile. The Creighton star averaged 26.7 points per game as a senior and he never shot below 52.5 percent from the field during his collegiate career. Last season, he hit 44.9 percent of his three-point shots, a number that was actually down from his campaigns as a junior (49 percent) and sophomore (48.6 percent). Not to mention, he’s also a solid rebounder and has an exceptional basketball IQ.

Not really because he has had great workouts elsewhere. This blurb was from basketball insiders from yesterday talking about how he was dominating most workouts and his workouts combined with his combine have caused his stock to continue to rise.

I only care about what he did here. And from all reports we put him against Warren and he got handled.

I only care about what he did here. And from all reports we put him against Warren and he got handled.

Okay. Reports are that TJ is pretty much handling everyone in 3 on 3s so should we be worried about every player besides TJW? Why would you put this one workout over the several others he has had?

Okay. Reports are that TJ is pretty much handling everyone in 3 on 3s so should we be worried about every player besides TJW? Why would you put this one workout over the several others he has had?

Because I don't know what they did in the other work outs and what test they put him thru or what the other teams were looking for.. Plus I'm not a fan of those teams so I don't care how he performed for them. If he couldn't give us the same performance. Why would we want him??

Again it gives me pause that another prospect at the position we want him to play handle him.

It reminds me of how Rudy Gay was crushing you know who in their workouts here.

Because I don't know what they did in the other work outs and what test they put him threw. Plus I'm not a fan of those teams so I don't care how he performed for them. If he couldn't give us the same performance. Why would we want him??

Again it gives me pause that another prospect at the position we want him to play handle him.

It reminds me of how Rudy Gay was crushing you know who in their workouts here.

It didn't give you pause, you have been on pause since day 1.

If you are scouting a player do you just watch one game and then look at no other data?

He has been dominating to the point of embarrassing other players in other workouts according to that report.

There also may be some smokescreening going on. Which is true of Hornets and other teams.

We will just see how it shakes out. I am not going to cry into my pillow if we pass on McBuckets.

It didn't give you pause, you have been on pause since day 1.

If you are scouting a player do you just watch one game and then look at no other data?

He has been dominating to the point of embarrassing other players in other workouts according to that report.

There also may be some smokescreening going on. Which is true of Hornets and other teams.

We will just see how it shakes out. I am not going to cry into my pillow if we pass on McBuckets.

I'll be passing out Champagne if you want to join in.

But you're right. It didn't give me pause. It further my suspensions if he can make this transition.

NBAMVP ‏@NBAMVP 42m

Doug McDermott's stock is rising before Thursday's draft. Has had solid workouts the past week.

Just sayin......

I really like the guy. But I'm just as worried as everyone else. Maybe not as much as KKL. Great shooters will always be valuable. But I just wish he was few inches taller or atleast a little quicker. I hate the fact of him being a tweener. Even if it's just a label and a psychological mindfu*k

Just read that the Lakers are trying to get him in for a second workout.

Geez, we might have to trade up to get him j/k.  I am beginning to think there may be a high chance that he isn't around at 9

Ceese Carcieri@CESPN1 3m

The #Lakers have been trying to get Doug McDermott in for a 2nd workout.

Just read that the Lakers are trying to get him in for a second workout.

Geez, we might have to trade up to get him j/k. I am beginning to think there may be a high chance that he isn't around at 9

Ceese Carcieri ‏@CESPN1 3m

The #Lakers have been trying to get Doug McDermott in for a 2nd workout.

Then the champagne will flow. Go Lakers.

They did win a title with Adam Morrison j/k.

Personally, I still think we should trade the pick.

I don't see a starter at nine.

Ship Henderson and #9 to Philly for Thaddeus Young.

Btw: Philly has been shopping Young to Sacramento for #8.

man no. What positives come out of this?!?!? We could get Randle. Garry Harris. SCORERS!! Something we need. Yall want Thad he plays good D and is a finisher but he can't do much of anything els.e

There is a reason that Tyreke Evans, Ricky Rubio, and Jonny Flynn were drafted ahead of Stephen Curry.

Since they all knew Steph was a great scorer, shooter, and could play the point why would those guys go first?

I recall it was because he was a tweener who struggled against NBA length and didn't play in one of the big conferences.

Jonny Flynn played against all that NBA talent in the Big East though so I am sure he is dominating these days.  What's he up to?

Every draft has busts and lower rated guys who end up being better than those picked higher. Who wouldn't rather have Ty Lawson or Jrue Holiday than Johnny Flynn right now? After what Lawson did all of 2009 at UNC, him being drafted as low as he was was stupid, anyway. Jury's still out on Tyreke Evans (career 17ppg guy who's been on bad squads) and Ricky Rubio (was injured). The hype surrounding Rubio was ridiculous at the time, which is why he was taken where he was, and there had been articles comparing Evans to Lebron James when he was in High School, and based on potential, he was still rated highly, but not #1 high, so where he was taken was understood. 

Are you also going to apply the same logic to the Kwame Brown draft where the best player from that class, arguably, ended up being Tony Parker who was the 28th pick? Hindsight is 20/20. Everyone knew that Curry would need to be a PG, whether they were sure he'd end up being a good one or not doesn't change the fact that McDermott won't be able to keep up with NBA-level small forwards, nor will he be able to bang with NBA power forwards. His questions surround things that can't be taught, whereas people just wondered if Steph could run a team, handle the ball and distribute it. His problems weren't serious, but he was also drafted "about right" based on everything else considered at the time.

McDermott shouldn't be in the lottery, and wouldn't be if the top of this draft was as good as the media claims. I don't think it is. Trade the pick. 

Archived