• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup: Group H

Goondal

Belgium 3-0-0 (+3) 9

Algeria 1-1-1 (+1) 4

Russia 0-2-1 (-1) 2

South Korea 0-1-2 (-3) 1

We have finally reached the final group and it could be an important one for the USMNT and their fellow Group of Death members.  Any team coming out of G will be matched with a Group F team in the Round of 16.  The favorite here is obviously Belgium.  The darkhorse of many, Belgium seems to be overrated or underrated, depending on who you talk to.  Regardless of how you feel about them they definitely got a favorable draw here to get through their group.  I have them winning the group and taking out the USA in the Round of 16 before falling to Messi and Co. in the quarters.

The difference between first and second in Group F is likely the difference between a winnable game to begin the Knockout phase and a date with Germany.  I have Russia as the team that will have to be content with qualifying because they are not beating the Germans.

Belgium can compete with any team in this tournament. I think they are a lock for the quarters. I have them losing to Argentina as well, but it wouldn't really shock me if Belgium won that match.

Honestly I really wanted to pick them in that match, but the home continent thing was too much to sway me

Archived