• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the Worst Fan Base in the NFL

Mol3m4n

Meh. SR is full of plenty of homers. Great place for information, but plenty of homers. I'm not talking about the discussion about the team though, so I fail to see how it's ironic. It seems like most here can't have a discussion about the Saints or their fans without berating the city and it's people.

Most boards are full of homers though. Including here. Most people have questions about the Panthers receiving corp and secondary, but you can't say it around here. People lose their minds. But that's part of being a fan! Where others see question marks, you see potential.

I just don't understand why rooting for different teams has to turn into berating a person.

The secondary will be beast. I can see your criticism of our wide receivers, but you should have used an example of our tackle situation instead of our back end.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Meh. SR is full of plenty of homers. Great place for information, but plenty of homers. I'm not talking about the discussion about the team though, so I fail to see how it's ironic. It seems like most here can't have a discussion about the Saints or their fans without berating the city and it's people.

Most boards are full of homers though. Including here. Most people have questions about the Panthers receiving corp and secondary, but you can't say it around here. People lose their minds. But that's part of being a fan! Where others see question marks, you see potential.

I just don't understand why rooting for different teams has to turn into berating a person.

I think some of the jokes about New Orleans go too far, but most people here will have an intelligent discussion with you if you are willing to do so. As far as our WR's go, there are plenty of people on this board that openly have questions about that group, but many are also optimistic.

As for the last line in your post, I agree, but unfortunately that is what happens with fans in every sport.

The secondary will be beast. I can see your criticism of our wide receivers, but you should have used an example of our tackle situation instead of our back end.

The Saints have played with average tackles for just about the entire time Brees has been here. You can overcome poor tackle play with a pocket that a QB can step up in. Payton and Loomis have shown more of a desire for talented guards than tackles. So it's not something I think Cam can't overcome.

The secondary is what I would be worried about. As good as that front 7 is, and it's probably the best in football, that secondary, on paper, looks bad. And that's just me being honest. Many here think putting Decoud and Harper behind that front 7 will make all the difference for them, and like I said, y'all are fans and see potential, but I just can't see it. Harper is awful in coverage. I mean awful. The sad part is he always seems to be they with his man, but he's never looking to knock down a ball. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever watched lol. Decoud is soft. He's been soft. He can't tackle and gets beat deep entirely too much. And the corner situation! But like I said, for me it's just a question mark and only time will tell.

The Saints have played with average tackles for just about the entire time Brees has been here. You can overcome poor tackle play with a pocket that a QB can step up in. Payton and Loomis have shown more of a desire for talented guards than tackles. So it's not something I think Cam can't overcome.

The secondary is what I would be worried about. As good as that front 7 is, and it's probably the best in football, that secondary, on paper, looks bad. And that's just me being honest. Many here think putting Decoud and Harper behind that front 7 will make all the difference for them, and like I said, y'all are fans and see potential, but I just can't see it. Harper is awful in coverage. I mean awful. The sad part is he always seems to be they with his man, but he's never looking to knock down a ball. It's the most frustrating thing I've ever watched lol. Decoud is soft. He's been soft. He can't tackle and gets beat deep entirely too much. And the corner situation! But like I said, for me it's just a question mark and only time will tell.

The corner situation is 10 times better than last year. Munnerlyn was possibly the most overrated player on our team. Godfrey, Cason, and Benwikere are upgrades. I'm not super excited about Harper, but Decoud should be fine. The rest of our d should hide their inefficiencies. If neither play up to expectation, we have two young safeties ready to step up. Did I mention I love Melvin White?

The corner situation is 10 times better than last year. Munnerlyn was possibly the most overrated player on our team. Godfrey, Cason, and Benwikere are upgrades. I'm not super excited about Harper, but Decoud should be fine. The rest of our d should hide their inefficiencies. If neither play up to expectation, we have two young safeties ready to step up. Did I mention I love Melvin White?

I'm sure that front 7 can hide plenty of deficiencies. It would just concern me if I was a fan, that's all.

I'm sure that front 7 can hide plenty of deficiencies. It would just concern me if I was a fan, that's all.

No one is really concerned at all with our defense. Look to the other side of the ball.

No one is really concerned at all with our defense. Look to the other side of the ball.

Obviously there's questions on offense. Can Williams/Stewart create a threat in the run game? Can Benjamin produce immediately? Can Cotchery and Avant be viable 2nd and 3rd receivers? Can the tackles give Cam enough time to find receivers? If not, can the interior of the line give him a good enough pocket to step up in?

Personally I think they'll have to lean on the run game a bit more this year. Benjamin has tremendous potential, but I'm not sure he can step into the #1 receiver role immediately. Avant and Cotchery just don't scare anyone. It'll be interesting to see if Cam takes that next step as well.

Archived