• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gordon Hayward to visit Hornets next week.

PantherBrew

What you did was pull back on the hyperbole a bit, because "Oh man, he's gonna light some teams up!" doesn't scream "He could realistically average 15ppg." It's OK... we all do it from time to time.

You did it again saying he'd be "head and shoulders" better than Hendo. How in the world can you make that statement? (I think I know why...) But Gerald Henderson is a very solid defender, drastically more athletic than PJ, has proven he can score in this league, (PJ hasn't proven anything) and has had several productive NBA seasons. Gerald will be fine and will play many more years in this league. At this rate, we're not even sure PJ will make it to game 1.

Gerald does alot of things but he doesn't do any one thing that stands out, and if he could score on a consistent clip in this league we wouldn't be needing to address the position for the past couple of seasons.

He has a place in the league, just not on this team. It's been said before but he is the LaFell of the Hornets.

I've never seen a player so blindly overhyped then PJ Hairston. I mean I really do like seeing people support and stay loyal to their colleges, it's nice. But all of you say the only reason he fell so far in the draft is because of his troubled past, but then you go on a rant saying he's not a troubled person! If that were true, and since he's apparently such a god given athlete and basketball player (sarcasm), then why did 20 GMs say no to him?

Some of you have to re-read your post and realize what you're saying about the 26th pick in the draft, who averaged 20 ppg in the D League. It's time to calm the fug down with the PJ hype. He won't start this year, and he shouldn't. And we sure as fug better not pass on signing a great free agent just because we the almighty PJ Hairston. But. I know we won't, because Cho, Jordan and Clifford aren't that crazy.

Gerald does alot of things but he doesn't do any one thing that stands out, and if he could score on a consistent clip in this league we wouldn't be needing to address the position for the past couple of seasons.

He has a place in the league, just not on this team. It's been said before but he is the LaFell of the Hornets.

Why not?  He's as good (if not better) than any backup SG in the league.  He's a great all-purpose player, and a leader.  If he drops his asking price, he definitely has a place on the team.

What you did was pull back on the hyperbole a bit, because "Oh man, he's gonna light some teams up!" doesn't scream "He could realistically average 15ppg."  It's OK... we all do it from time to time. 

You did it again saying he'd be "head and shoulders" better than Hendo.  How in the world can you make that statement?  (I think I know why...) But Gerald Henderson is a very solid defender, drastically more athletic than PJ, has proven he can score in this league, (PJ hasn't proven anything) and has had several productive NBA seasons.  Gerald will be fine and will play many more years in this league.  At this rate, we're not even sure PJ will make it to game 1.

Wouldnt dropping 30 points a few games be equivalent to lighting some teams up? (some being the key word here along with 30 points)

I aint pulling back nothing. Been consistent all along. PJ if given minutes can average 15ppg RIGHT NOW, with a few monster games in and there. As well as being a better player and fit than Hendo. 

I've never seen a player so blindly overhyped then PJ Hairston. I mean I really do like seeing people support and stay loyal to their colleges, it's nice. But all of you say the only reason he fell so far in the draft is because of his troubled past, but then you go on a rant saying he's not a troubled person! If that were true, and since he's apparently such a god given athlete and basketball player (sarcasm), then why did 20 GMs say no to him?

Some of you have to re-read your post and realize what you're saying about the 26th pick in the draft, who averaged 20 ppg in the D League. It's time to calm the fug down with the PJ hype. He won't start this year, and he shouldn't. And we sure as fug better not pass on signing a great free agent just because we the almighty PJ Hairston. But. I know we won't, because Cho, Jordan and Clifford aren't that crazy.

As a neutral non-UNC Hornets fan, I think your disdain for Hairston is more noticeable (and more annoying) than the PJ supporters.   I assumed folks would be thrilled to have a skilled shooter added the roster.  Personally, I'm stoked he's here because I know what he brings to the table. He'll win the starting SG position by seasons end.  That's just a fact, because he is indeed an upgrade over Henderson.  Hopefully by then you'll figure out how to get your panties out of your ass. 

Wouldnt dropping 30 points a few games be equivalent to lighting some teams up? (some being the key word here along with 30 points)

I aint pulling back nothing. Been consistent all along. PJ if given minutes can average 15ppg RIGHT NOW, with a few monster games in and there. As well as being a better player and fit than Hendo. 

I am now convinced that you know next to nothing about basketball.  I just needed to be sure.

Thanks!

He also had a 20+ per in college. 

Why did GMs pass on him? Simple, his reputation with off the court antics. Which we just recently got a taste of. 

As a neutral non-UNC Hornets fan, I think your disdain for Hairston is more noticeable (and more annoying) than the PJ supporters.   I assumed folks would be thrilled to have a skilled shooter added the roster.  Personally, I'm stoked he's here because I know what he brings to the table. He'll win the starting SG position by seasons end.  That's just a fact, because he is indeed an upgrade over Henderson.  Hopefully by then you'll figure out how to get your panties out of your ass. 

That's actually an opinion.  Do you know the difference between opinions and facts? 

Edit*

When someone resorts to personal attacks you know its a win lmao

Cheers

LoL... no, you're simply pulling out the crystal ball and predicting things that have yet to happen, while pawning them off as facts.  You have no idea what PJ is going to do in the NBA, and to say otherwise makes you Nostradamus.

Not an opinion for those of us who know basketball and how to evaluate players. 

Sorry your not on that level yet. 

PJ > Hendo

So far I've seen PPG as your criteria for evaluating PJ.  I'm glad to see your evaluation of players is so complex and deep. lol  Maybe you should give MJ a call and snag a front office job.

You guys are hilarious!

As a neutral non-UNC Hornets fan, I think your disdain for Hairston is more noticeable (and more annoying) than the PJ supporters. I assumed folks would be thrilled to have a skilled shooter added the roster. Personally, I'm stoked he's here because I know what he brings to the table. He'll win the starting SG position by seasons end. That's just a fact, because he is indeed an upgrade over Henderson. Hopefully by then you'll figure out how to get your panties out of your ass.

I have no reason to dislike Hairston aside from the fact he's a moron who is throwing away such a blessed opportunity by doing stupid poo. Small or not, it is putting his future at risk and if he's willing to do that and risk his career then I question his morals and motives.

That aside, I'm glad we got a good shooter. His career shooting from beyond the arc was 27%, 40%, 36%. That's good shooting but nothing to warrant the hype he's getting from this fanbase. I mean, if good three point shooting is we drafted him for then we might as well of taken Joe Harris (that's a joke, but it's still a point). There is nothing overly special about Hairston's shooting ability other then simply put....He's a good shooter. That doesn't mean he's gonna be a superstar who will be better then Lance Stephenson and/or Gordon Hayward.

So far I've seen PPG as your criteria for evaluating PJ.  I'm glad to see your evaluation of players is so complex and deep. lol  Maybe you should give MJ a call and snag a front office job.

You guys are hilarious!

Lmao

Goes far beyond ppg. 

Try skills, physical gifts, production, etc etc. 

Like I said, maybe one day you will get there. 

PJ > Hendo

Archived