• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers, city face decision soon on stadium talks

SCP

http://m.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/queen_city_agenda/2014/07/carolina-panthers-city-face-decision-soon-on.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+charlotte_blog_queencity+%28Charlotte+Queen+City+Agenda%29&utm_term=%23cltcc+&r=full

"The NFL franchise committed to stay in Charlotte 10 more years in exchange for the public money and an investment by the team of $37.5 million. Leaving within six years would be expensive and difficult under the terms of the contract between the team and the city, while the final four years include financial penalties to ensure the city isn’t left paying for stadium work on an abandoned stadium."

Sent from my iPhizzle while pooping using CarolinaHizzle

Why would they?  That would make too much sense.

It's like you've been using my internet for the last twenty years and it's made you very productive. And I ask, hey how about helping me buy a new router since you've benefitted so much and you're like, NO! It just makes no sense to me why they wouldn't want to do everything they can to keep the team in Charlotte and really they should be trying to move the Hurricanes there too.

I think this all hinges on our next owner....JR is 77.  With the recent upgrades, the every growing population of Charlotte and the Carolinas in general, I just don't see this team leaving. One thing is for sure, the days of public funded private entities may well be over.

It's like you've been using my internet for the last twenty years and it's made you very productive. And I ask, hey how about helping me buy a new router since you've benefitted so much and you're like, NO! It just makes no sense to me why they wouldn't want to do everything they can to keep the team in Charlotte and really they should be trying to move the Hurricanes there too.

Don't see how the Hurricanes are related to this at all.

Until LA gets an nfl team, nearly every organization can use the threat of leaving to secure public funds for stadiums. I'd like to see an alternative, such as raising capital by selling shares of team stock to fans/institutions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

There is no way in hell the league would approve the move of Carolina, a team that sells out every single game, while the Jaguars are still in Jacksonville and struggling to fill half their stadium.

I might be naive, but I just don't see the Hornets/Panthers ever moving.

Hogwash.  Nearly 15 million people in 2 states, the fastest growing city of the 2000s, and just ponied up big time $$$ for renovations.  GTFO with that B*LLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  These articles tick me off, and while I'd hate to see any team leave their city/state/region, the Chargers, Raiders, Rams, Bills, Jaguars, and even SAINTS off the top of my head have far, far, FAR greater economic and/or stadium issues which would make an LA move at least in the realm of discussion.  Then again they wouldn't because at this time LA's plans in that broke @$$ state are dead in the water to bring football back to a city that has lost THREE teams already!!!!!!!!  The Panthers are going NOWHERE!!!!!!!  THESE ARTICLES PIZZ ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way in hell the league would approve the move of Carolina, a team that sells out every single game, while the Jaguars are still in Jacksonville and struggling to fill half their stadium.

I might be naive, but I just don't see the Hornets/Panthers ever moving.

That's what we said about the Hornets. We lead the NBA in attendance for years with one of the largest arenas in the league. There was no way the NBA would ever let them move our team.Duh..

Archived