• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Hornets matchup against Top Teams in East

bLACKpANTHER

Maybe, but I think a point guard's stats tend to be skewed if you want to use PER as your base for measuring the defense of one player.

IE if the rest of the Cavs defenders are terrible, then the opposing point guard might rack up easy assists.

you gone have to go.  your PER stat don't ring true for kemba. therefore it is skewed towards points.  don't believe me then ask this cam/superman character. 

So the league average is 15... and players averages over an 18.0 PER when going against Irving. That's got to be worrisome.

Use net per.

Player Per- opposing per= net.

Kryie' net is 1.94

Kemba's net is 1.1

A difference of .84 a game.

The difference between the two is slight with stats.

Dragic's opp per is 12 and he has no one behind him to protect the rim.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

Maybe, but I think a point guard's stats tend to be skewed if you want to use PER as your base for measuring the defense of one player.

IE if the rest of the Cavs defenders are terrible, then the opposing point guard might rack up easy assists.

With Irving on the floor, the Cavs have allowed 106.3 points per 100 possessions. Stretched out across the season, that would be the league's fifth-worst defensive rating. When Irving takes a seat, that number drops all the way to 99.5. Only the Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls and Oklahoma City Thunder have a better defensive rating than the Irving-less Cavs.

Now, on/off splits can be skewed by the other players on the floor. But with players like C.J. Miles and Anderson Varejao, both of whom share the starting lineup with Irving, the Cavs get worse when those two leave the floor.

Dunleavy shot 43%.... which is pretty a average while MKG shot a respectable 47%....

Dunleavy is also a terrible defensive player while MKG is an elite defender

I wonder how many of Dunleavy's shots came from outside of 15 ft compared to MKG's shots.   MKG's field goal percentage if skewed.  Most of his buckets are coming from either transition or putbacks.  Dunleavy's percentage includes a much larger shot radius.

Personally I think Dunleavy is better offensively and MKG is better defensively and has better potential.

Please nobody feed this Greg Hardy AK47 troll. So obvious that he is a complete loser who considers trolling a Hornets sub-forum as good use of his entire Friday night.

Oh and anyone who is really drunk and then wastes his buzz on the Internet to talk marginal sports opinion on a Friday night is officially a social pariah.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You could go with Hollinger's PER that had Kyrie 6th and Kemba 17th. I'm all about Kemba, but he's not better than Kyrie. Maybe healthier but not better.

17th is about right. I felt like he was right about average for nba starters last season. I think his ceiling is right at top ten.

The comparison with Kyrie Irving should be used to show that Kyrie is overrated, not that kemba is underrated.

Kemba/Lance/MKG

I don't think people realize the intangibles that trio is going to bring to the team. Kemba & MKG are both champions & great leaders. All 3 of them are incredibly competitive & willing to do all the little things to get a W.

With their leadership, competitiveness, & champion pedigree that core has MJ written all over it.

Add for Kyrie vs Kemba...

Their stats are nearly identical...

Kemba has lured an All-Star talent to CLT 2 straight summers. He pretty much singlehandedly recruited Big Al here. Then today Stephenson talked about how playing with Kemba was a huge part of his decision.

Other players around the league realize how talented Kemba is & his leadership/competitiveness. It says a lot that players want to come here & play with him.

Oh noes, Kemba sucks!

I take Kemba ten out of ten times. People on this board under-rate the man.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If Kemba was at least 6'2, I'd agree with you. His height will keep him underrated. If he's 6'0, then Mugsy is 5'11.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If Kemba was at least 6'2, I'd agree with you. His height will keep him underrated. If he's 6'0, then Mugsy is 5'11.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Kemba is a legit 6' tall. I met Kemba in 2012 and he was the same height as me. And I measured 6' 9/16" when I had my last physical.

His height isn't really an issue, though. He can finish drives better than guys much taller than him.

Love Kemba, great fit here and happy to have him. However, he is not on level with Kyrie.

Take MKG and Hendo out of lineup, Kemba gets exposed on defense. Kyrie is young and and has not played with talent that Kemba has. Kyrie was his teams first option, yet shot better percentages than Kemba did, and Kemba had help.

Kyrie is the better player, but I like the fit with Kemba here

Archived