• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shutdown Corner ranks Panthers 13th for 2014

GRWatcher

The defenses he started against last season were horrible. Jimmy Clausen would have thrown for 300+ yards against those defenses in Trestman's system.

McCown is going to be a tackling dummy with a lot of interceptions against the defenses the Bucs will face this season. And Mike Evans is not even close to ready for the physical game the NFL will bring. He folds when people get physical with him and loses his head. Evans is going to struggle getting off the jam, going over the middle and competing for the ball in the air. His entire game is beating you deep and his QB needs time in the pocket or scrambling ability to buy time.

Exactly! He is going to get crushed in our division. I don't know why people are talking up the Bucs like they are going to be a 10-6 team or something. Don't get wrong, they are going to be a tough team to beat, but they will not finish ahead of us.

Why is everybody on the Bucs' jock? I see that they aren't listed yet so they are going to ranked higher than the Panthers after going 4-12. I know they got Lovie Smith, but they still have Josh McClown and havn't proven anything yet. Oh well, I'm just ready for some damn football!

Because they're a decent QB away from being a Superb Owl contender.

The Bucs get hyped every year. Is there really money in Tampa? I mean I guess the answer is yes. I thought it was just a town with the largest number of strippers per capita.

. . . wait. . .  money, strippers. The Bucs hype is being fed by the stripping community? woh

I'm convinced our success this year depends on our running game. If defenses have to fear the run, I believe Newton is plenty good enough to complete passes to mediocre receivers against thin coverages. That's good for early downs, of course, but since 3rd downs are crucial for a ball control offense, we also need to establish that we are a serious threat to run and convert on third down with <4 to go. Otherwise, 3rd down conversions will probably be awfully hard to come by this year.

Archived