• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

what you should take away from this game

Fiz

the panthers used a backup qb and ground an inferior team into the ground until the fourth quarter. then they went relaxed and let them almost come back into the game. at the end their best player made a play to secure the win. 

the ending not withstanding, that was a pretty good game.

cam adds probably 10-13 points to the game today. 

it's a good day to cheer for the carolina panthers. pour yourself an asheville brew and enjoy the moment. you get to be happy for a whole week. 

Yep, I would have to agree that the Panthers seemed to go into a relaxed mode of play late in the game. I do not know why coaches do this. Hardly ever is a good thing. Reminds me of the old "prevent defense" feel or the infamous "four corners" UNC basketball coach Dean Smith used to employ in basketball before the shot clock rules were implemented. These may not be the best analogies, but the point is that when a coach abandons the attack mode that gives them the lead, the net effect is that the offense seems to lose momentum and will find it hard to regain it. This tends to allow rallies from the other team. I hope that this will be a lesson to our offensive coordinator and to Rivera for that matter. KEEP THE PEDAL TO THE METAL ON THEMS BEACHES!!!!

Archived