• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone notice on the KB catch and fumble

Snake

I honestly can't figure out the whole defenseless receiver thing. Because we didn't get flagged against Baltimore when DeCoud almost intercepted the endzone pass to Steve Smith, and Smith basically got leveled back there.

I don't even know what counts as defenseless receiver anymore.

DeCoud was playing the ball, making him the receiver, as Smith never was close to catching it.

But wait....

... what happened to the thread talking about KB and his drop issues? Bad hands? Can't catch? So what there were 3 guys on him. So what the ball was thrown 6 feet behind him. Who cares if his vertical isn't 60"?

Damnit, this is about KB not being able to catch anything thrown within 10 yards of him; this is not about the fact 3 guys were there when the ball arrived. He has a drop issue, plain and simple. What's wrong with you guys? Didn't you see where he dropped 16 passes Sunday? WTF?

pure and total sarcasm for those not playing along at home.....

I honestly can't figure out the whole defenseless receiver thing. Because we didn't get flagged against Baltimore when DeCoud almost intercepted the endzone pass to Steve Smith, and Smith basically got leveled back there.

I don't even know what counts as defenseless receiver anymore.

They are selective rules, just like our Laws. They only get used when it's necessary, not when they should.

Do you think if KB was 5'11 he would have gotten the call? Same with Cam going out of bounds. Seems like the larger and more athletic you are the less likely you are to draw flags of that nature.

I wondered if Calvin Johnson has to go through this too.  They are constantly grabbing KB and riding him all the way down the field.  They had his jersey away from his body on the endzone overthrow.  I know he is big, but shiza. 

Archived