• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else impressed with Ealy lately?

Mage

I am trying to remain positive after today's game.  It is difficult but there were a couple of bright spots today from our young guys.

I'm becoming increasingly impressed with Ealy.  His performance can't be evaluated through numbers.  He still has ways to go as a pass rusher and I don't think he is ever going to be a guy you look at and say, "he is a 10 sack guy."  However, I thought he did a very good job on the run.  I remember him making a couple of nice plays around the line of scrimmage.  Overall, he appears to be turning into what I expected.  A very solid run defender who uses his solid length to maintain leverage at the LOS.

Hard to be optimistic with the way we have been playing and I know we aren't going to right the ship this year with Ron Rivera at HC.  But I think the future is bright for our front seven if Ealy continues to impress.  We just need to pick up a consistent edge rusher who can be relied on to apply pressure without us having to depend on blitzes and stunts.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with how he's progressed compared to what we were hearing out of training camp.

If he trains to be more explosive at the snap he's going to be difficult to deal with.  He's clearly capable of holding his own, which a great start.  If you can hold your own + be a disruptive force, that's when you become a great Dlinemen (See: KK Short and the man on the trail)

Archived