• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason Campbell, Jake Delhomme and the Panthers future at QB

BlindSite

Honestly though, how much longer can we expect Fox to be here? My gut tells me that this team is missing the playoffs this year and Fox will be gone. I hope I'm wrong.

Even if Fox stays, don't forget that he DID pick LeFors in the fourth round.

If Fox gets us to the playoffs again, there's no reason to get rid of him. If the team falters or has a losing season, I could see him going, the question then is who comes in and what do they do without a first round pick. You could almost guarantee a big time shift at the QB position almost immediately though.

Go back and look at Ben's rookie season. 13-0 as a starter, 98.1 quarterback rating... Yeah he wasn't good enough his rookie season. :rolleyes:

We won't have a top ten pick to get a QB of his quality

We won't have the money to pay a top ten QB pick anyway

We don't have the ammunition to trade up to get one

Fox has never drafted a first day QB in his time here

There is a myriad of reasons why a rookie QB won't work in Carolina. We can't get a good enough one, we can't afford one that's good enough and even if we could we won't draft one.

Big ben averaged under 200 yards and a TD and a turnover in his games. He wasn't that good. Barely middle of the pack. It's not hard to get a good rating as a quarterback when you're throwing 20 passes a game to Plaxico Burress and Hines Ward in an extremely run heavy system.

We won't have a top ten pick to get a QB of his quality

We won't have the money to pay a top ten QB pick anyway

We don't have the ammunition to trade up to get one

Fox has never drafted a first day QB in his time here

There is a myriad of reasons why a rookie QB won't work in Carolina. We can't get a good enough one, we can't afford one that's good enough and even if we could we won't draft one.

I was merely challenging your misrepresentation of Ben's rookie season. Our answer at QB won't be solved soon or easily, and that's not as bad of a thing as everyone thinks.

Go back and look at Ben's rookie season. 13-0 as a starter, 98.1 quarterback rating... Yeah he wasn't good enough his rookie season. :rolleyes:

Not by himself. He just took care of the football while his defense ad running game won that team games.

Moore could potentially be a serviceable QB to fill a gap at some point. While I'm not overly impressed with him yet, he does have a lot of potential. I still think he needs another year or two until he could step in and be decent. By the time Jake's stepping down, I think Moore could possibly fill that gap between Jake and whoever takes the reigns next.

But, let's face it. As long as Fox is here, Jake will be behind center for a while.

I was merely challenging your misrepresentation of Ben's rookie season. Our answer at QB won't be solved soon or easily, and that's not as bad of a thing as everyone thinks.

Tell that to 49ers fans who've watched a conga line of retards march through their QB position keeping their franchise inept for the best part of this decade, better yet tell that to the Texans, or the Vikings, or the pre drew Brees new orleans saints.

Moore could potentially be a serviceable QB to fill a gap at some point. While I'm not overly impressed with him yet, he does have a lot of potential. I still think he needs another year or two until he could step in and be decent. By the time Jake's stepping down, I think Moore could possibly fill that gap between Jake and whoever takes the reigns next.

But, let's face it. As long as Fox is here, Jake will be behind center for a while.

Moore's arm strength is lacking, he stares down his targets and his accuracy has been terrible.

But with Jake, it is all by himself? Gimme a break.

No one is saying that, but lets be realistic here, 03 and 04 Jake was a good QB for the franchise and did a lot with his arm for the team. In 05 he was pretty good as well, the team fell apart toward the end of the year, it happens, we still made the NFCCG, but following that time the light hasn't resurged.

Yeah, its possible for a franchise to do well without top level QB play, the Panthers are a shining example, as is the last Baltimore Ravens team to win a superbowl ring, there's a reason that the Colts, Eagles, Patriots, Packers have been pushing for division titles for the last decade every season.

There's a reason a 25 yr old QB who made the probowl is worth two first round picks plus change.

tommy maddox, a veteran with years more experience than ben played on the same exact offense on the same exact team with the same exact players in 2004 and played like a 6 foot coil of poo put on a football uniform and glided on the field

And we have a winner. :lol:

No one is saying that, but lets be realistic here, 03 and 04 Jake was a good QB for the franchise and did a lot with his arm for the team. In 05 he was pretty good as well, the team fell apart toward the end of the year, it happens, we still made the NFCCG, but following that time the light hasn't resurged.

Yeah, its possible for a franchise to do well without top level QB play, the Panthers are a shining example, as is the last Baltimore Ravens team to win a superbowl ring, there's a reason that the Colts, Eagles, Patriots, Packers have been pushing for division titles for the last decade every season.

There's a reason a 25 yr old QB who made the probowl is worth two first round picks plus change.

No, you're point was that we can't win games unless we draft a QB that can "do it by themselves". Saying Ryan did that last season is a crock full of sh*t. They have a guy named Michael Turner you know.

I'm sorry but you don't end up with 17td's and a 98qbr in 13 games just being a "game manager".

He threw for under 200 yards a game and turned the ball over 13 times. He wasn't a game changer. He was a manager, he managed well.

It's a stupid point to keep arguing anyway, we can't afford a top ten pick, even when Peppers leaves, chances are we won't be able to.

tommy maddox, a veteran with years more experience than ben played on the same exact offense on the same exact team with the same exact players in 2004 and played like a 6 foot coil of poo put on a football uniform and glided on the field

Tommy Maddox was never a good quarterback.

Archived