• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Summer Transfer Thread

C47

I think it's going to take too significant a bid for Wenger to convince LFC to sell to a rival. Talking £30m+player or £45m. He's definitely not worth that, but I think we'll ask that of a rival.

I think what we're going to see is similar to the Suarez situation. Sterling doesn't have a straight buyout in his contract, so he's going to be held hostage. He can either sign the £100k/week contract, or stay on £30k/week for another year.

Sterling has been playing like poo, with zero fire and urgency. He got 2 years left and Liverpool will have to sell him next year if not this and he knows it.

"James Milner reportedly turning down £160,000/week at City to move to Arsenal."

Man, how the fug are we supposed to compete when they can offer a squad/rotational player £160,000/week.

Milner would be an awesome back-up to Coquelin. Milner is very physical and still only 29 so he got 3-4 good years in him.

Sterling has been playing like poo, with zero fire and urgency. He got 2 years left and Liverpool will have to sell him next year if not this and he knows it.

Sterling is very greedy. Liverpool won't balk at holding him hostage for 2 years on £30k/week. So, he can either sign his £100k/week contract or rot on the bench for 2 years and walk on a free. His call. Something tells me he'll take is £70k/week raise.

"James Milner reportedly turning down £160,000/week at City to move to Arsenal."

Man, how the fug are we supposed to compete when they can offer a squad/rotational player £160,000/week.

They are absolutely out of their minds to give Milner that sort of a contract. Guess that will have something to do with the homegrown rule (that's why they gave Boyota an absurd contract last season)

Heard sterling linked to City for around £40m but who knows if it's legit. I'd take that in a second though and immediately attempt to cash in on Lacazette

It makes sense, but I think we could squeeze £45m out of them. They are in desperate need of some squad revamping and adding young players should be at the top of their agenda.

City issues are their midfield... They are too soft in the middle, that's why they throw crazy money at Milner. I expect City to to sign 1 new striker, 2-3 midfielders and maybe a winger. Won't be surprised if Pogba goes to City for like £70m.

I expect City to lose at least Navas, Milner, Yaya and Dzeko.

Sterling would be good replacement but not sure if better than Navas.

Raheem Sterling reportedly has a sell-on clause from his original transfer from QPR in 2010. We'd owe QPR 20% if we sell to a domestic club and 25% if we sell abroad.

Dang... Looks like Liverpool better off trading player for player or selling to domestic team. QPR is smiling right now.

Archived