• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015 Summer Transfer Thread

C47

keeping in mind that ARSEN and C47 got so totally anally devastated and buttmad over the very realistic idea of Bale back to the EPL (most likely to the richest EPL club Man U), how little must their private parts feel to them to read this admittedly unlikely but still slightly possible scenario:

"Ronaldo is set to leave Real Madrid this summer, according to one of their former players. And United are being linked with a £71.5million bid, with Ronaldo to Old Trafford seen as having a realistic chance of happening."

[oh God no, oh God no LOL stupid, can't happen can it? God please no, please no, sobbing ensues]

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/14/manchester-united-transfer-news-gareth-bale-done-deal-71-5m-cristiano-ronaldo-move-christian-benteke-clear-to-sign-5196411/

"Ronaldo, who has faced questions over his future recently, is set quit Madrid in the coming weeks, according to their former star Agustin Rodriguez...Ronaldo could be about to return to Old Trafford in a shock transfer.

The Portuguese has never ruled out rejoining United and if these reports are true, it would a mammoth deal – in the region of £71.5 million."

[intense sobbing and wailing, it can't be, if can't be, waaaaah!]

http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/13/cristiano-ronaldo-lined-up-for-transfer-return-to-manchester-united-5194428/

"IS RON GONE? CRISTIANO RONALDO is ready to walk out on Real Madrid, a Bernabeu icon yesterday with over ten years’ service at the club claimed yesterday."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6452390/IS-RON-GONE.html

(oh God, oh God, the Sun, here come ARSEN's butt-devastation times one million and C47 posting some crappy SB Nation article as he hides in the backyard crying)

But here's a good point:

BBC Sport:

"[age 30] Ronaldo on the wane? Aside from his penalty, a notable aspect of Real's display against Juventus on Wednesday was Cristiano Ronaldo's failure to exert a significant impact upon the action.

You might expect the back-to-back Ballon d'Or winner to be at the heart of his team's late push for a second goal, peppering Buffon's goal with a barrage of ferocious long-range shots - in actual fact he did very little, and not for the first time recently.

He has been a peripheral performer on a number of occasions since the turn of the year, and even when he has contributed it has been in a different manner to the Ronaldo of old.

At the age of 30, the days of lung-busting surging runs and unstoppable 25-yard pile-drivers appear to be behind him, with Ronaldo now carrying out the majority of his work in and around the penalty area and scoring his goals from inside the box.

This is not to suggest he is no longer a world-class performer or that Real Madrid should dispense with his services [but why not?].

But perhaps he should now be seen chiefly as a penalty box predator who finishes other people's approach work, rather than the kind of player who can single-handedly take over a game and run the opposition ragged.

That could also mean that Real will no longer base their playing approach around him, instead making the creative talents of James

Rodriguez, Isco or even Bale [lol] the focal point of their attack."

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/32731873

Richest club in EPL yet the most in debt club in EPL. ManU had to use £200m random tax refund money from government last year in order to afford new signings. Go look at their financial statements.

ManU needs a striker because they are losing RVP and Falcao this Summer. Di Maria will not play up top, that's Roony position. ManU will also have to rebuild their defense because it's absolutely dildos.

And again, it's up to RM to sale Bale, not up to Bale. Bale has contract with RM, not other way around. I think Bale stays in Madrid for at least 1 more season.

Bale will not decide his future, he's under contract for 4 more years and RM paid $100m for him. They will not sell him for anything less than $85m.

It's up to RM, not Bale.

Bingo. And I seriously doubt anyone is going to pay 85m for Bale when he had a "down year". Even though the only thing that made it a "down year" was the games he scored goals in compared to the ones he didn't. 

If you're gonna get involved in transfer rumors you should probably figure out which papers are poo and which aren't.

The only reports one can trust usually come from Sky News, BBC, Bild or team itself. Every other news source out there is full of poo including ESPN, Yahoo and Fox Sports.

I do not think it is totally out of the realm of possibility that Gareth Bale makes the switch to Man U. If Man U can get PSG to pay for Di Maria, clear Falcao's wages, and ship Van Persie out, there will be more than enough room on the attack to fit Bale. Manchester United knows that the only reason they made Top 4 is because Liverpool fuged away the last part of the season. They can't risk that again next season.

United, while they do carry a ton of debt, are still able to pass FFP and make these sorts of transfers because of the way they structure their debt and carry a large percentage outside of the club. Their kit deal alone would be enough to pay for the Bale transfer.

Personally, I don't think it will take £85m to pull Bale away from The Bernabeu. Real Madrid are no strangers to squad retooling. They have had, by their standards, a disappointing season. It looks like they won't win any trophies this year. If they want a scapegoat, they have created it with Bale. If they ask £85m, they'll probably be told to fug off. Bale is NOT worth more than Luis Suarez. The only club he'd be worth more to is Real Madrid, and they already paid too much. Can't sell to themselves.

Personally, I don't really think Bale will be sold. I'm just saying that completely ruling it out is probably irresponsible.

I do not think it is totally out of the realm of possibility that Gareth Bale makes the switch to Man U. If Man U can get PSG to pay for Di Maria, clear Falcao's wages, and ship Van Persie out, there will be more than enough room on the attack to fit Bale. Manchester United knows that the only reason they made Top 4 is because Liverpool fuged away the last part of the season. They can't risk that again next season.

United, while they do carry a ton of debt, are still able to pass FFP and make these sorts of transfers because of the way they structure their debt and carry a large percentage outside of the club. Their kit deal alone would be enough to pay for the Bale transfer.

Personally, I don't think it will take £85m to pull Bale away from The Bernabeu. Real Madrid are no strangers to squad retooling. They have had, by their standards, a disappointing season. It looks like they won't win any trophies this year. If they want a scapegoat, they have created it with Bale. If they ask £85m, they'll probably be told to fug off. Bale is NOT worth more than Luis Suarez. The only club he'd be worth more to is Real Madrid, and they already paid too much. Can't sell to themselves.

Personally, I don't really think Bale will be sold. I'm just saying that completely ruling it out is probably irresponsible.

I'm not completely ruling it out. Even said it wouldn't shock me. Just saying the source isn't the most reputable in the world of transfer news. 

I'm not completely ruling it out. Even said it wouldn't shock me. Just saying the source isn't the most reputable in the world of transfer news. 

Yea, I wasn't calling you out or anything. Just adding my opinions.

Hel, I think it was the Telelgraph that said Liverpool were in for Pirlo lol.

Yea, I wasn't calling you out or anything. Just adding my opinions.

Hel, I think it was the Telelgraph that said Liverpool were in for Pirlo lol.

It's silly season for sure. The only thing I'm counting on is Khedira being gone and Danilo playing for RM next year. I have beliefs about other players, but those are the only things I'm sure of. 

I'd love if ManU get Bale... It means they will completely ignore their Striker and Defensive issues. I just checked ManU financial statements this morning and they having cash flow problems. They currently have only $11m in cash... They will receive TV and Jersey deals around summer time worth close to £600m but after expenses this number will drop to around £100m. Unless ManU has another mysterious inflow of cash, I doubt they will drop £200m on new transfers like they did last year.

Just in yesterday......

Manchester United financial results: Club announce debt up 12% to £395.4m and post pre-tax loss of £11.4m

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-announce-debt-up-12-per-cent-to-3954m--but-commercial-revenue-also-rises-12-per-cent-to-478m-10249827.html#

That's $630 million in debt....

Manchester United expenses are crazy, the salaries they giving to players are insane.  If Manchester United did not received $320 million in tax refund last year, their debt would be around $1 billion! 

With emergence of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City, Spurs and other teams, it takes a huge bite away from Manchester United revenue.  It's not healthy the way they operate.  They can't even afford new stadium (Manchester United current stadium is over 100 years old).

Just in yesterday......

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-announce-debt-up-12-per-cent-to-3954m--but-commercial-revenue-also-rises-12-per-cent-to-478m-10249827.html#

That's $630 million in debt....

Manchester United expenses are crazy, the salaries they giving to players are insane. If Manchester United did not received $320 million in tax refund last year, their debt would be around $1 billion!

With emergence of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City, Spurs and other teams, it takes a huge bite away from Manchester United revenue. It's not healthy the way they operate. They can't even afford new stadium (Manchester United current stadium is over 100 years old).

best way to make money is to win, including making the Champions League and making a good long run in it. Juve just made a killing this year with their run in the CL. You pay the money to get the players to make that happen, then you'll come out ahead.

don't they have some guys named rooney and rvp? too many attackers. they can't ignore that defense forever if they want to compete with chelsea anytime soon

or are you suggesting a diamond midfield... with bale and depay at lm and rm and di maria at the tip of the diamond? that would make a lot more sense

yo if man u are really gonna sign bale they're gonna have to move di maria.... no way that they can't

i don't follow Man U much, but here is a Man U forum on transfers. The Bale thread is up to 77 pages. I read a few pages and some were saying put Bale at center attacking mid like they claim he played for Hotspur.

http://www.redcafe.net/forums/transfer-forum.9/

As for Rooney, i think Man U should move on from him, but I've never liked him much. RvP is awesome but is getting old. As for Di Maria, i like him at left wing and hope Man U lets him go because I'd rather him play for a team i like.

Archived