• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets @ Celtics

CarolinaPanthers8789

You're also a fool if you don't think that plays a huge role.

All it takes is one phone call to get my resume to the top. Couple that with the fact that I've worked with a college football team before in the advanced stats dpt. Yeah, I like my chances.

Connections are everything in the sports industry and that's obviously something you don't understand.

I got a job in the Atlanta Braves scouting department because my uncle was friends with a teacher who knew the team President.

You're 100% right about getting your resume to the top. So don't listen to them and good luck with your career!

I got a job in the Atlanta Braves scouting department because my uncle was friends with a teacher who knew the team President.

You're 100% right about getting your resume to the top. So don't listen to them and good luck with your career!

That's awesome.

How is it like being in the scouting department?

I'd love to be a scout but that job is so demanding from a person

That's awesome.

How is it like being in the scouting department?

I'd love to be a scout but that job is so demanding from a person

Ive only been working for a year and a half and really the first half year was just random player evaluations assigned to me to make sure I would do my job on time and put work into it. I only just recently found out that I'll get to do local scouting for high school baseball teams in the Carolina's. I do reports and turn them into my boss who turns them into the head scout. I'm not really listened to extensively since I'm still young and new to the job but it's still a fun job.

It is a pretty demanding job but when I was hired Brian Bridges (scouting director) told me the worse part is all the traveling which I haven't even started to do yet. Regardless it's still something I love and hopefully I get to move on up.

Archived