• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If he's at 25, can Gettleman pass on DGB?

Rags

Good Lord, why are we already condemning the guy to a career as a Gordon or Blackmon?

These things should be taken case-by-case, for every knucklehead that couldn't get out of his own way there is another who turned it around. Not to compare the severity of their transgressions, but there are many that thought Cam's "character issues" would be the reason he would flame out, but fortunately we didn't feel the same. I'm sure the team will do its due diligence and make an informed decision.

I'm not 'condemning' him at all. I have no personal feelings about the guy whatsoever.

What I'm talking about is how teams - including ours - are gonna look at guys with character issues.

And reality is that right now, anyone with anything related to domestic violence in their background is going to have a red flag next to their name.

You're right, BC doesn't get five star QBs like Winston, who is simply better than any version of college Ryan.

Winston 2014 >>> Ryan 2007

Yet nobody claimed that Ryan was not polished at that staged. Actually it was the exact opposite.

Winston is a very polished QB...unless you don't think Manning or Ryan was polished...and you must think that only 2 QBs in the history of the NFL draft was polished.

Then I can see your thinking.

And LOL adding FSU was the National Champs...all that does is remind everyone of Winston's 2013 season which is not something that helps your "Winston is not a polished QB" assertion...

He was polished the year before, no doubt.  Last year, in my personal opinion he got exposed.  How in the plue perfect Hell do you throw 3 picks to the Florida Gators in one quarter?  That's ridiculous.  Anyway, I'm glad we have Panthers fans on here taking up for their eventual opponent.  Ryan was much more polished coming out of college.  So was Manning.  Winston had a poo ton of talent around him this year and for the most part just played average if you include all the picks.  

https://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1745688

Yeah, he looks like a real time bomb.  Rolls eyes.  This kid has changed, you can tell it.  Last two seasons were real humbling for him.  In high school he didn't get in trouble, and at Missouri he was the big man on campus that thought he could get away with murder.  What do you expect?  When he finally got into a REAL football environment like OU, he changed everything.  

Not my quote brother.... talk to DG.

He was polished the year before, no doubt.  Last year, in my personal opinion he got exposed.  How in the plue perfect Hell do you throw 3 picks to the Florida Gators in one quarter?  That's ridiculous.  Anyway, I'm glad we have Panthers fans on here taking up for their eventual opponent.  Ryan was much more polished coming out of college.  So was Manning.  Winston had a poo ton of talent around him this year and for the most part just played average if you include all the picks.  

Because UF defense is one of the best defenses in the Nation? Because Louisville defense was also one of the best in the Nation? In the context of the NFL, Manning throws 4 picks in some playoff games...should we now conclude that he is not polished NFL QB?

There are many reasons why one could throw a lot of picks in a game or season...it could be because one is not a very polished QB...it could be one of a thousand other reasons...including bad decision making from the QB, WR not being on the same page, offensive line giving up pressure...etc.

Aren't you taking up for both Ryan and Manning?

And no matter how many times you want to assert that Ryan was "much more polished" coming out of BC doesn't make it true.

The very premise that you are using...Weak Conference and INTS...to assert that Winston is not a polished QB...applies to Ryan, a divisional opponent. 

Because UF defense is one of the best defenses in the Nation? Because Louisville defense was also one of the best in the Nation? In the context of the NFL, Manning throws 4 picks in some playoff games...should we now conclude that he is not polished NFL QB?

There are many reasons why one could throw a lot of picks in a game or season...it could be because one is not a very polished QB...it could be one of a thousand other reasons...including bad decision making from the QB, WR not being on the same page, offensive line giving up pressure...etc.

Aren't you taking up for both Ryan and Manning?

And no matter how many times you want to assert that Ryan was "much more polished" coming out of BC doesn't make it true.

The very premise that you are using...Weak Conference and INTS...to assert that Winston is not a polished QB...applies to Ryan, a divisional opponent. 

Florida was one of the best you say?  HMMMMMMMMM, maybe they were one of the highest ranked defenses because they didn't play any QBs worth a damn in the SEC?  Ever think of that.  I don't care, Ryan was much more polished coming out of BC.  When you have less to work with you will throw picks.  In Winstons case, he had studs to work with and STILL threw picks.  I honestly couldn't care less about Ryan or Manning in their college context.  Manning had studs at UT too.  Not Florida State and all their 5 stars, but he had studs there too.  I brought up Florida, not Louisville.  That's an ACC team.  

Archived