• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The genius that is the Gettleman 2014 draft

SIGCHI222

Good work.  The only pick I think is even within the realm of question is Ealy to be swapped out with Jarvis Landry.  If Ealy turns into a stud though, obviously it will have worked out for the best.  I slammed my fist on the table during the draft when Desir was taken the pick before us, heh.

I did the same thing with Desir lol, I had to look up who Benwikere was after the draft but felt a little better after watching the videos out there on him and is now one of my favorite players on the defense.  With the whole Hardy situation Ealy seems to be more and more of a good pick. They have a lot of similarities and I think Ealy could be the perfect replacement for him, let's not forget Hardy didn't come out of the gates eating up QB's either so there is still time to see what Kony can become. I can't help but think what could have been with a KB-Landry pairing though. He would've solved our returner issues last season as well  :wacko:

Lol. You tell us how GMan is reaching with the Boston Pick and then to tell how we should use our 4th on a guy who we traded up for in Bene instead, whle you blast the trade because he would have lasted until our original pick in the 5th? Yeah, logic

yes, 2 logical options. W/giving up an extra pick. I blast the trade on both options just giving solutions I'm all about solutions.gman did reach with boston so what's your point?

I'd trade a 7th every time for a 5th round pick.

I'm sure you would but we didn't do that we traded a 5th and a 7th for a player we could have gotten outright. I'm sure when you go to buy something you pay more than the asking price just because. I mean you can do that but it doesn't make any sense. and in taking Boston too early we traded a 4th also.

I'm sure you would but we didn't do that we traded a 5th and a 7th for a player we could have gotten outright. I'm sure when you go to buy something you pay more than the asking price just because. I mean you can do that but it doesn't make any sense. and in taking Boston too early we traded a 4th also.

In all seriousness you should stop talking about this stuff...

Unless you know a about half of the NFL gm's saying "this dude was a reach, what a waste" is simply uneducated opinion.

However, grabbing starters/serious contributors throughout the first 5 rounds can easily be called solid drafting.

Unless you know a about half of the NFL gm's saying "this dude was a reach, what a waste" is simply uneducated opinion.

However, grabbing starters/serious contributors throughout the first 5 rounds can easily be called solid drafting.

A lot of people seem to believe that unless you hit a home run on every pick, you're not drafting well.

The reality is a lot of late round picks never make much impact at all. Heck, even some guys drafted as high as the fourth round might not amount to all that much.

Some late round picks don't even make the roster of the team they were drafted to (especially on teams with deep rosters). Others might bounce around for a little while, generally as special teamers.

Getting a starting quality player out of a fifth round pick or later (or an undrafted player) is actually a bigger deal than some folks believe.

I'm sure you would but we didn't do that we traded a 5th and a 7th for a player we could have gotten outright. I'm sure when you go to buy something you pay more than the asking price just because. I mean you can do that but it doesn't make any sense. and in taking Boston too early we traded a 4th also.

Dude, you really need to stop this. You can not possibly know that Bene would have been there had we not traded up. It is highly likely that someone heard something about another team targeting him with a pick that was before the pick they had.

That is usually the impetus for a draft day trade.

But that aside, if you leave a player on the board, you should expect that they will be gone when you pick again, if they were rated high enough to be considered with that pick.

Is this to complicated for you? Would you like for me to put it in cartoon form?

no way around it he wasted a pick on a player we had straight up.He had to scramble to get he wanted when it all could have been avoided.we could have added 2 more contributors besides boston and bene. He got lucky but you can't expect to get lucky every year. We learned this from the difference in our fa pickup from year 1 and year 2. So maybe he learned from it and won't do it again.

Dude, you really need to stop this. You can not possibly know that Bene would have been there had we not traded up. It is highly likely that someone heard something about another team targeting him with a pick that was before the pick they had.

That is usually the impetus for a draft day trade.

But that aside, if you leave a player on the board, you should expect that they will be gone when you pick again, if they were rated high enough to be considered with that pick.

Is this to complicated for you? Would you like for me to put it in cartoon form?

thx dude.its not about bene but about Boston. That mistake forced the trade .it was a reach and a mistake.

thx dude.its not about bene but about Boston. That mistake forced the trade .it was a reach and a mistake.

Dude, you really need to stop this. You can not possibly know that Boston would have been there had we picked him when we did. 

There is that better. The principle is the same. You cannot say with certainty, even though you are trying your hardest, that a certain player would have still been available a full round later. 

If you would simply say that you feel that way, or that it is your opinion, then people would leave you alone. But stated your opinion as fact repeatedly just make you sound like an arrogant douche who thinks he (or she, since I don't know you) is right about everything.

estamp="1427035517"]

Dude, you really need to stop this. You can not possibly know that Boston would have been there had we picked him when we did.

There is that better. The principle is the same. You cannot say with certainty, even though you are trying your hardest, that a certain player would have still been available a full round later.

If you would simply say that you feel that way, or that it is your opinion, then people would leave you alone. But stated your opinion as fact repeatedly just make you sound like an arrogant douche who thinks he (or she, since I don't know you) is right about everything.

Archived