• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Sports 7 Round Mock Draft

I get the point, but personally I can't see us taking a QB in this draft, especially not in the 4th round when there are better players out there. I feel like the need for a backup now doesn't outweigh the benefits of having Webb on the roster. If the new acquisitions like Williams and Trusnik end up being effective on ST, then I can see them getting rid of Webb and taking a QB in next year's draft.

I understand what you and others are saying.  And, I am not sure that I would take a QB in the 4th of this draft as well.

However, a strong case could be made that if a guy you like and think could be groomed is there, then you take him.

Anderson is old and on his way out of the league and Webb is NOT a potential QB of the future.

Bad teams wait until they have a big issue at a position to draft depth......good teams build depth on their team and have a next man up mentality.

As for Webb.....with the amount of improvement and additions that we have made to ST, his value there has been tremendously diminished.

I know people like Flowers because he is big and strong but he is a mauler like Otah was and struggles to pass block.  He is a beast in the run game and has a nasty disposition which would fit our team well.  But he has suspect athleticism and doesnt move well at the second level or pulling to the outside. He is a safer pick than Clemmings.  But Clemmings may be the wildcard of the first round here. He is a converted defensive end who has only played 2 years at Right Offensive tackle.  So is he another Chandler or a guy with big upside who is still raw and learning the position?  His has the athleticism and meaness to be a great LT but wont start this year.  But we are in the best situation if Remmers plays well and either Martin or Oher can man the left side.  Give him a year or two to develop and he is could end up being the best OT in the draft period.

Archived