• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Defensive Switch

Peppermint9030

So we look awful in the preseason as a defense up to this point right? Well we arnt showing all of our fronts but thats no excuse as to how bad we are looking... But im very optimistic about this defense. Lets take a look back to the Giants Super bowl season. They went through a defensive change with a new cordinator. The preseason made them look like the worst defense in the league, Im mean we beat the hell out of them in the preseason, we ran up and down there throats. They started out 0-2 in some big blowouts, well they finally believed in the scheme being preached got there act together and became one of the best front sevens ever to win a superbowl. Do we have the same pieces on the dline that giants did? Only time will tell but I think this defense is going to surprise alot of people.

I think /hope that we are only hiding things from our future opponents. surprise attack if you will. now that we have attempted to some what fill the big gap kemo left open, we will only improve from here. Also, Beason not playing is like taking out our QB, on defense, once he is healthy its own like donkey Kong.

Yeah, it's true that they're not showing everything, but it's still gonna take a minute for them to master the new schemes. I do believe the pass coverage and the tackling will get better, but the question is how long will it take? They can't afford to dig themselves into a big hole early in the season, because they will be facing a legitimate play off contender just about every week.

Bottom line...I really and truly have no idea what to expect from the Panthers this year.

I think /hope that we are only hiding things from our future opponents. surprise attack if you will.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard

That is a quote I got from Gman. But I am glad other people are starting to think the same thing I was, that maybe we are playing coy with the defense this year. I guess we will all find out Sept 13.

Archived