• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent signings/rumors/post whatever you got thread

Now the DeAndre Jordan is staying with the Clippers, any chance Cuban calls MJ to see if AL is available?

They don't have the assets to tempt us, or even make it worthwhile for both sides since we both want to be competitive. 

The one thing we could watch for is whether they follow through on what Mark Cuban said, in that if they missed out on their free agent targets, then they would tank. With Jordan going back to LA, one could argue their current roster is not good enough to get them back to the play offs, so they could end up having a fire sale to tank. At that point we may have some interest in Parsons, Matthews (if he signs/they sign him), and maybe Jefferson for the bench (?) - not saying we should trade for them, but if the price is right, then adding one of them would give us added depth. 

They don't have the assets to tempt us, or even make it worthwhile for both sides since we both want to be competitive. 

The one thing we could watch for is whether they follow through on what Mark Cuban said, in that if they missed out on their free agent targets, then they would tank. With Jordan going back to LA, one could argue their current roster is not good enough to get them back to the play offs, so they could end up having a fire sale to tank. At that point we may have some interest in Parsons, Matthews (if he signs/they sign him), and maybe Jefferson for the bench (?) - not saying we should trade for them, but if the price is right, then adding one of them would give us added depth. 

Apparently the plan, now that they've lost Jordan, is to trade with Indiana for Roy Hibbert.

So Enes Kanter signs with Portland. How bad does that screw OKC? Weren't they putting all their FA eggs in his basket?

Enes Kanter is a younger Al Jefferson. They could have also screwed us for next year in the process. I have a bad feeling we view Al as a franchise guy.

Enes Kanter is a younger Al Jefferson. They could have also screwed us for next year in the process. I have a bad feeling we view Al as a franchise guy.

I don't think Al fits the direction they are taking this team anymore.  Cliff and Cho seem to want a more athletic, versatile team that has the flexibility to match up with anyone.  I don't see a one dimensional, lane-clogger being their ideal franchise guy.  So, I believe his time here is about to run out (maybe even by the trade deadline if Frank shows early that he is ready for meaningful minutes).

Archived