• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More Russell Wilson contract "news"-Summary:It's great to be a Panther fan

ctrcat

Odds are Seattle will pay Wagner now that the Wilson negotiations have fallen through.

Man, I'd hate to be a Seahawk fan right now. They're screwed either way. If they sign Russell to a big contract, it's likely they'll lose some crucial pieces on defense. If they don't, then Wilson walks and Seattle will be left without a QB.

Them taking a PR hit with the selection of Frank Clark indicates to me that they're ready to let go of Avil, Irving, and/or Bennett.

I think Irvin is definitely gone. Never thought much of him anyway. 

Not sure about them being screwed either way though. If Russel Wilson is as average as most people feel, he shouldnt be too hard to replace. Even if you like Wilson, I'm sure you'd be ready to admit the teams success is on the back of the defense. 

I think they'd be foolish to pay him like a top QB. I think if he wants to be paid like that, you let him walk and stack your chips on your defense.

I think Irvin is definitely gone. Never thought much of him anyway. 

Not sure about them being screwed either way though. If Russel Wilson is as average as most people feel, he shouldnt be too hard to replace. Even if you like Wilson, I'm sure you'd be ready to admit the teams success is on the back of the defense. 

I think they'd be foolish to pay him like a top QB. I think if he wants to be paid like that, you let him walk and stack your chips on your defense.

Lol I just don't get why he scoffs at a deal similar to Cam and Ryan's contracts.  That would be a good deal for both sides.  Even more so for him, because he gets a nice big contract that shows the team is committing to him, all the while staying on a loaded team that has their other key guys locked up as well.

He legitimately wants somewhere in the $25+ million range... which would be fuging absurd for him.

And fug Irvin, the sooner they get rid of him the better - unless he goes to somewhere in the division.

That SOB always has our number every time we play them.

Archived