• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeffrey Taylor to play overseas

CCU Norman

Sucks he had that achilles injury, really put him behind the 8 ball.

He was never that good. He'll probably be happier overseas, though. He's still gonna make great money and he'll actually get to play. Also gets to experience other places around the world. It baffles me that more guys who are buried on a bench or fighting to make a team don't just go overseas. I would in a heartbeat. I'd also go play a year or two overseas and make 6 figures versus making nothing and having to sit in classrooms at a college.

He was never that good. He'll probably be happier overseas, though. He's still gonna make great money and he'll actually get to play. Also gets to experience other places around the world. It baffles me that more guys who are buried on a bench or fighting to make a team don't just go overseas. I would in a heartbeat. I'd also go play a year or two overseas and make 6 figures versus making nothing and having to sit in classrooms at a college.

His contract was near 2 year 600k. He would make more money buried on the bench. Some players are just about money and not playing time.

His contract was near 2 year 600k. He would make more money buried on the bench. Some players are just about money and not playing time.

$300k a year is a lot of money.

Was going to say, I'd gladly take $300,000 a year. That's comfortable living.

You make more buried on the bench. Yes it's still good money but wouldn't you want 500k minimum

Overseas contracts are guaranteed and either tax free or close to it. Fringe NBA contracts are non guaranteed and taxed out the ass. You can play much longer overseas, and if you play well you'll get more money. You have a very limited career as a NBA bench player. Those guys are either 19-22yo development guys or 35yo that were rotational guys in their youth and are now a veteran presence. Guys don't just ride the end of a bench for 10-15 years. Taylor probably didn't have any NBA contract offers.

Archived