• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did Oher do?

Udogg

No news is good news. If I had to pick out one guy who turned heads last night it would have to be Artis-Payne. Our backfield is going to be ridiculous.

this will be the key.  Our run game has to hit the ground running so to speak.  Whenever our run game starts off slow we do as well.  However unlike years past, we do have a little more on the offensive side of the football. 

I'm rewatching last season now. Our run game was horrible the first half most of the season.  We got so much penetration at the guard/center position it was hard to do anything.  It's like the defenses knew when we were running.  No holes anywhere.

this will be the key.  Our run game has to hit the ground running so to speak.  Whenever our run game starts off slow we do as well.  However unlike years past, we do have a little more on the offensive side of the football. 

I'm rewatching last season now. Our run game was horrible the first half most of the season.  We got so much penetration at the guard/center position it was hard to do anything.  It's like the defenses knew when we were running.  No holes anywhere.

I agree. I truly hate it when we throw on first down incomplete and then run it right up the middle for a 1-2 yard gain on 2nd down. All that does is put us in 3rd and long situations and open the flood gates for the opposing front 7. Our dreadful line for the majority of the year just couldn't handle it. I'm a firm believer if you're going to throw on first down then you're throwing on 2nd down unless it's 2nd and 4 or less. I'd like to see a lot more variation on first down this year. IDK maybe run out of a formation where it's not dead obvious we are handing it up the middle.

Archived