• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How did Oher do?

Udogg

I have seen it mentioned a few times in other post but no responses.  To those that attended fan fest, how did Oher look?  Byron Bellish----Meh------Seviceble?

After all the Micheal Oher is worst than Byron Bell post this week just wondering if he is improving or should be praying that Williams is the answer.

It was described as a "light practice."  Not too much opportunity to see a lot, is my guess.

Some things to remember about Oher:  He is an upgrade, and not a big one, but in the OT pool, you get what you get.  OTs usually struggle vs. DEs early and in one-on-one drills.  The thing we need to do is use a FB or TE to allow him to protect either the inside or outside--never both.

Run game will help dramatically. 

I am just glad Alexander seems to have it together because to me, the biggest disappointment in camp is Ealy.  He is getting rag dolled (based on reading--have not seen camp).  He is our 4th DE and maybe the 5th if you like Horton.

He did fine. Nothing special. At one point, the playcalling put Olsen beside of him, which means that they're comfortable enough leaving him beside of a pass-catching TE. 

Serious question....but as opposed to what? Nobody?

I watched Oher all night. At one point they did some pass rushing drills. During these Oher was consistently matched up against Frank Alexander and, from my very novice eye, didn't do too terribly. He wasn't dominating Alexander by any means, but he appeared to maintain his blocks long enough, and when Alexander would try to go around him on the outside, Oher was capable of forcing him wide of the pocket.

All what reports?  Did I miss something besides Igo saying he spent a few snaps on the left side?

Yep, that was it.  I think it was like 6-7 snaps at LT, all against Ealy who isn't having a great camp.  But, that's enough for some to label him the next Jonathan Ogden I guess.  I like the young man getting looks at both tackle spots and if I had to guess, that may be his primary role this season - backup swing tackle.

All what reports?  Did I miss something besides Igo saying he spent a few snaps on the left side?

Things take off quick here dont they.

There was that clip of Addison being held while going around him for a likely sack that everyone interpretted as looking good for some reason.

I guess we have to set a Mendoza line for Oher.  Your top tier OT gives up 4 or 5 sacks a year.  What does an average or serviceable OT do?  God knows we don't want 4 or 5 a game like Bell used to give us.  What about Williams.  What line do we give Williams. 

Ole Gross was so good for so long we got spoiled on his consistency.  Now we don't have that consistency and I don't think we know what to expect as fair.  Bell put us to where we cringe on every snap.   Oher is going to get beat.  He will probably never be an All Pro tackle whether right or left.  But I don't think he is going to be a revolving door like Bell was.

If Oher is better at the run game than that will help his pass blocking.  We run well, he'll be better than expected.  WE suck at running he will be a notch above Bell

Archived