• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Wars The Old Republic

Sultan33g

I hope it doesn't actually.

I would like it to have a nice DAoC style following back when everquest was around.

I've always heard good things about the DAoC community (could be lies) and this game should have a layer of depth that WoW purposely lacks.

I hope SW:TOR is a old jazz vinyl to WoW's Ke$ha mp3.

I hope it doesn't actually.

I would like it to have a nice DAoC style following back when everquest was around.

I've always heard good things about the DAoC community (could be lies) and this game should have a layer of depth that WoW purposely lacks.

I hope SW:TOR is a old jazz vinyl to WoW's Ke$ha mp3.

I played DAOC off and on for 5 years starting about 4 months after it came out and I've never played with a better bunch of folks. I'm really hoping for something to capture that feeling again especially in the PvP department. One thing Old Republic will definitely have that DAOC did not is a younger player base. Most of the people I played with were adults (that actually behaved like adults) and Old Republic will definitely attract younger folks than DAOC did. Old school PvP in DAOC was more for the actual fun of the fight rather than some sort of point system or gear reward. You got no points or reward for taking keeps other than provoking the enemy out for a fight. The only thing that provided rewards were relics which were in uber keeps that required 100+ people coordinating to take and could be taken back. I don't ever want to see two armies running on the same field and ignore each other because it's actually more beneficial to ignore each other and capture objectives than fight like I have in other games. I've enjoyed every BioWare game I've played so I really have high hopes for this game.I hope PvP isn't just a tacked on addition but is well planned and integral to the game, I'm looking at you Age of Conan.

Archived