• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

why we will beat the giants.

venom

set aside the (temporary) loss of jacobs, the loss of burress, not to mention all the drama revolving around it, and i would say this would be a very good match-up, considering the panthers play as of late. however, unfortunately for the new york football giants, that is not the case. we are witnessing a team in the midst of a downward spiral.

even if jacobs starts sunday night, i am very skeptical on how much of the panthers crushing defense he will be able to withstand before he re-injures his knee. now that burress is out of the picture, the giants passing game is crippled, and they no longer have any real, deep threats. sure they have toomer and smith, but they're both just mediocre to me. most of toomer's success has been a result of defensive coverage focused on burress.

we all know how drama revolving around a particular player can poison a team's locker room. i think "T.O." and "Ocho-Cinco" are living examples of that. despite burress' absence, i still think it is something that has and will continue to effect this team, at least through the remainder of the season.

i do not see the cowboys' win this past sunday as any evidence that they are on some sort of major uprising. the fact is, both teams played some of the ugliest football i have ever seen, and were not impressive in the least. the cowboys defense happened to take advantage of a lowly giants offense, handing the cowboy's offense a short field on numerous occasions. romo and manning were both pathetic.

anyways, as we all know, the giants are in a funk, and they will get out of it, just not in time for sunday night's game. i see them straightening up their act just in time for the playoffs. a lot of it will depend on a healthly jacobs. the loss of burress has permanently wounded their offense, and that's something theyre going to have to learn to overcome.

we are going to go into new york and crush the giants. we are a team of momentum. it is always this time of the year that we get hot, even during non-playoffs seasons. right now we are running on all cylinders, and i almost think that it's unfair the giants will be performing short-handed.

we all know the strengths of this team, so i dont have to go into what we are going to do to them. but i will say that eli will be running for dear life all evening.

overall, their lack of weapons and continuous negative momentum is what is hurting them right now.

i'm going to go ahead and predict the score...

CAR - 30

NYG - 13

i hope i didnt come off as too much of a homer :biggrin5:

Lmao wasn't that 3 years ago?? Come on now get real...we are a totally different team as are you guys, do you REALLY think the outcome is going to be the same??

I wouln't listen to him. He was happy last year when Delhomme was injured. Bandwagoner. If we lose Sunday, he will be one of the usual "They sky is falling" posters.

I think that this is a game that can go to either team. I have not followed the Giants much, but I remember that in the Super Bowl, it was not their offense that impressed me, but rather that their defense was amazing. I think that it is the defense we need to be worried about because they mobbed Brady, who is a better quarterback than Jake. When Jake gets rattled, he tends to make bad decisions, and this defense he will be facing will get to him quickly. I know that these are obvious observations, but we all seem to be focused on the Giants' offense.

Its not going to be close. They are one dimensional offense right now and not good enough to overcome our good defense. We are two dimensional on offense and good enough to beat their strong defense and wear them down in the 4th quarter. Total domination sunday night period. Any contradictory viewpoint to that is stupid. Period.

I hope we implement the screen pass to our backs as this was the most successful play for the Girls versus that crazy rush of the Giants. We do not run these screens much at all and it would even be surprising to the Giants if we put a couple in there to offset their blitzes.

SteveSmithStinks, you are referring to the wannabe on your team right? If not, you just make no sense.

It WILL be a good game and I guarentee you aren't going to be walking into the Meadowlands and handing us an ass whooping..it will be a close game..

as far as your name goes... i'm assuming you're referring to YOUR Steve Smith... the one that's not in the Pro Bowl; right?

edit: Peppers90 beat me to it... yeah i'm blind as fug... question still applies however.

Archived