• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stew and Beason both practicing today.

TouchMeNot97

I hope we really were holding everything back, and that when the season starts our defense will crush people, and they will be able to tackle.

I'm pretty excited about idea that Fox/Meeks could have been literally holding everything back.

At any rate its great to have all the non IR guys back.

From PFT

The Carolina Panthers released their first injury report Wednesday, and it surprisingly didn't contain Jonathan Stewart or linebacker Jon Beason. Stewart and Beason returned to full practices, and their status for Week One isn't in doubt.

Stewart missed virtually all of training camp with a sore Achilles, a plan recommended by Carolina's medical staff.

"We just didn't want it to be a month during the regular season," coach John Fox said. "The good news is it was a month during the preseason. That was the plan, and if we had our druthers that is the way we'd prefer it. . . . I thought [the medical staff] handled it right, and he was out practicing today."

And to think that the overall vibe here over the past week has been "IR for Stewart?". I'm glad he's back, but I hope he eases into his workload. That could mean that we might see more of Goodson that we normally would have. That would be a plus for the offense, IMO.

Archived