• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team Captains are....

rayzor

Not trying to start any poo here....but I think game day is what is more important to fans.

The things WE see. I don't give a damn what he does at practice....if he can't do it on the field, and represent the same.....then FVUK HIM, or anyone else that just cashes a check!

He has had his moments, and yes he is a freak....but only when he chooses to do so, and I'm sick of that.

Well, have you ever considered that Peppers don't look like he's playing as fast as a guy like Dwight Freeney, because he's 6' 7" and closer to 300lbs than the 283 that he's listed at, and doesn't have to take as many steps to cover the same distance? In a way, guys like Freeney and Everrette Brown actually have an advantage because they can get under the OT, wheras Peppers can never pull that off. He has to try to go through them while also taking on a TE, the LG, or a RB, and sometimes all three on the same play. That takes a lot out of a guy even if he is a physical freak.

I'm not saying that Peppers never loafs, but I have seen him make lots of plays on the opposite side of the field, or catch a RB 20yds down the field when nobody else could, and he probably comes out of the game fewer times than anybody else on the D-line.

Not trying to start any poo here....but I think game day is what is more important to fans.

The things WE see. I don't give a damn what he does at practice....if he can't do it on the field, and represent the same.....then FVUK HIM, or anyone else that just cashes a check!

He has had his moments, and yes he is a freak....but only when he chooses to do so, and I'm sick of that.

I think what people are trying to say is, maybe he isn't told to get the quarterback every play. Maybe he is told to key off backs in the backfield, or show pressure then drop into coverage, or etc... We don't know what the gameplan is. Maybe that was the "the problem" he had with the defense and why he wanted a trade. About being limited and not allowed like other DE's (abraham, freeney,etc) to just go get the QB. We don't know because we aren't in defensive team meetings and John Fox damn sure isn't telling us. However the other players are and they vote him team captain. I know he is usually around all down field tackles on a consistent basis. That shows hustle to me. I know other than one year he gets at least 10 sacks a year. Like I said earlier, "WE" fans may judge him on how he goes after the quarterback. The coaches and teams on how well he executes the defensive game plan.

Well, have you ever considered that Peppers don't look like he's playing as fast as a guy like Dwight Freeney, because he's 6' 7" and closer to 300lbs than the 283 that he's listed at, and doesn't have to take as many steps to cover the same distance? In a way, guys like Freeney and Everrette Brown actually have an advantage because they can get under the OT, wheras Peppers can never pull that off. He has to try to go through them while also taking on a TE, the LG, or a RB, and sometimes all three on the same play. That takes a lot out of a guy even if he is a physical freak.

I'm not saying that Peppers never loafs, but I have seen him make lots of plays on the opposite side of the field, or catch a RB 20yds down the field when nobody else could, and he probably comes out of the game fewer times than anybody else on the D-line.

I have seen him, and every other player at TC every year, with the exception of one...so I have an idea.

I sit 4 rows from the field.....so I have an idea.

I have DVR set for anything Panther related just in case I miss something from the live action.

As I said, I am not trying to start any argument.....but where some people come up with this great dominating force that Peppers is....I HAVE NO CLUE.

As I also said....he can do it, he can be dominating...but from what I see....he doesn't give a poo.

When I was growing up, and playing sports......slack assin', walking on and off the field, and given a half hearted effort were not allowed.

Might be ok with you...but not with me....not for a mill a game.

Sorry.

I think what people are trying to say is, maybe he isn't told to get the quarterback every play. Maybe he is told to key off backs in the backfield, or show pressure then drop into coverage, or etc... We don't know what the gameplan is. Maybe that was the "the problem" he had with the defense and why he wanted a trade. About being limited and not allowed like other DE's (abraham, freeney,etc) to just go get the QB. We don't know because we aren't in defensive team meetings and John Fox damn sure isn't telling us. However the other players are and they vote him team captain. I know he is usually around all down field tackles on a consistent basis. That shows hustle to me. I know other than one year he gets at least 10 sacks a year. Like I said earlier, "WE" fans may judge him on how he goes after the quarterback. The coaches and teams on how well he executes the defensive game plan.

WTF has he EVER done dropping into coverage!?!?! Chase people down the field is about the max!

Why do you people continue to make excuses.......I know....but I won't take it there.

If you wanna keep blaming it on the coaches etc, then I don't wanna hear you defending them when people say they need to go. If they keep doing stupid sh1t, and misusing (which I think we do Peppers)...then they need to go!

But don't sit there and tell me he goes all out to the extent of a mill a game, and we just continue to grease his peter!

GTFOH!

WTF has he EVER done dropping into coverage!?!?! Chase people down the field is about the max!

Why do you people continue to make excuses.......I know....but I won't take it there.

If you wanna keep blaming it on the coaches etc, then I don't wanna hear you defending them when people say they need to go. If they keep doing stupid sh1t, and misusing (which I think we do Peppers)...then they need to go!

But don't sit there and tell me he goes all out to the extent of a mill a game, and we just continue to grease his peter!

GTFOH!

damn a little emotional eyy??:leaving:

GTFOH!

You're really off-base IMO.

And for the record, Peppers had an interception against Denver dropping back into coverage.

Peppers being a captain has nothing to do with what YOU see on gamedays and everything to do with the effort he shows his teammates and their respect for him. Nobody really cares what you think about his effort, when his teammates vote him a captain, it almost overshadows everything negative that's been said about him. Obviously his teammates don't think he takes all those plays off, because if they did, I'd imagine they wouldn't be able to get behind him like they obviously have.

I have seen him, and every other player at TC every year, with the exception of one...so I have an idea.

I sit 4 rows from the field.....so I have an idea.

I have DVR set for anything Panther related just in case I miss something from the live action.

As I said, I am not trying to start any argument.....but where some people come up with this great dominating force that Peppers is....I HAVE NO CLUE.

As I also said....he can do it, he can be dominating...but from what I see....he doesn't give a poo.

When I was growing up, and playing sports......slack assin', walking on and off the field, and given a half hearted effort were not allowed.

Might be ok with you...but not with me....not for a mill a game.

Sorry.

I never said he was dominating every week, but I don't see how anybody can really know how much "heart" he's playing with either. As I said, a 6'1" 250lb DE will always look like he's playing harder than a giant like Peppers will. A 14 sack season is not exactly stinking it up either.

I do know one thing. I've seen a video of him miked up before, and he sure as hell didn't sound like a guy who didn't care about winning to me. I was actually kind of shocked to hear how much he was talking and pumping up his teammates out on the field.

Either way though, I'll trust the opinions of his teammates over any fan or radio personality.

FB...you surprise me with that statement. So what a guy does in practice, is more important than what he does on the field, week in, and week out, when earning that mill a game should show?

well, these guys also play with him each and every Sunday....they also go back and watch the film after each game....those same guys voted for him. They also have the advantage of knowing what Pep is suppose to do each game and what his assignment is.

Archived