• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How about a little love for Pep?

unicar15

Funny you should say that, since all the Peppers bashing started two years ago and it was based 100% on his low sack total.

um not me personally

Nobody cared how many hurries, tackles for loss, or passes defensed Peppers had in 07. They saw 21/2 sacks and it pissed them off.

again this wasn't me, but it's not like any other of his numbers were good in 2007....much like his play.

Also, I'll ask you directly...do you think the Panthers D-line would actually be better off without Peppers?

i don't think it would really make that much of a difference either way.

Funny you should say that, since all the Peppers bashing started two years ago and it was based 100% on his low sack total. Nobody cared how many hurries, tackles for loss, or passes defensed Peppers had in 07. They saw 21/2 sacks and it pissed them off.

Also, I'll ask you directly...do you think the Panthers D-line would actually be better off without Peppers?

Now, No but during the off-season, Yes. I don't know why fans think that you must have an all-pro at every position but if you have a scheme and players to cover up each others weaknesses you can still have a very good D. All I know is that if we lose any more starters on the Dline we are totally screwed because of the lack of depth.

All I know is that if we lose any more starters on the Dline we are totally screwed because of the lack of depth.

You can certainly argue that point. Losing Pep or Brayton brings in Johnson, losing Lewis or Hayden brings in Leonard. Big lose? Not in my eyes...

Yes Lewis is better, but he is not great. He can't control the interior of the line and thus will make as much impact as an average player who gives his all. Frankly I feel our pass rush would be an upgrade if Johnson were in...

um not me personally

again this wasn't me, but it's not like any other of his numbers were good in 2007....much like his play.

i don't think it would really make that much of a difference either way.

Well, I have a feeling that Peppers teammates would strongly disagree with that statement, as do I. There is no doubt in my mind that losing Peppers would hurt us severely, since there is no other player on the roster that can even come close to Peppers production as an every down DE. Not by a longshot.

Maybe Brown can do it one day, but he hasn't proven anything yet.

You can certainly argue that point. Losing Pep or Brayton brings in Johnson, losing Lewis or Hayden brings in Leonard. Big lose? Not in my eyes...

Yes Lewis is better, but he is not great. He can't control the interior of the line and thus will make as much impact as an average player who gives his all. Frankly I feel our pass rush would be an upgrade if Johnson were in...

Yeah but if any of those guys goes down we also don't have as many guys to use in rotation. And lets face it if some of the guys I have watch have to be on the field 75% of the plays were up the creek.

For instance lets say Brayton goes down. Who at DE brings even close to the same run stopping ability? CJ would probably be next in line but he is more of a pass rusher (but IMO he is more complete then Brayton and should be starting anyway. Behind CJ nothing as both Hilee and Brown are pass rushers at this time.

I think if we lost Brayton, Pep , or Lewis our D would get gashed.

I think if we lost Brayton, Pep , or Lewis our D would get gashed.

I agree with the losing anyone on the D-line part.....but we already get gashed.

Even with last years starters we were getting rapped like a Catholic school girl at a "gang convention".

I mean really........ :D

I agree with the losing anyone on the D-line part.....but we already get gashed.

Even with last years starters we were getting rapped like a Catholic school girl at a "gang convention".

I mean really........ :D

Fox really needs to start to get creative on D if he wants to succeed there. We do not have anywhere near the talent on the Dline that we had in his first few season but I have not seen him adapt to this fact. He still runs the same bend but don't break, rush only 4 kind of D. I hate to tell you Foxy but that's pretty easy to gameplan against.

Seriously? You're using the pre season to back up your argument? Peppers had 12 sacks in 12 games in the regular season as a rookie. If Brown can match that and play the run then we can talk.:rolleyes:

Talk, heck I'll Jump up and Down and scream like a schoolgirl if he can match Peps rookie year. But I don't see it happening. Not only was Pep more physically gifted he also was a full time starter. Which I don't see Brown being till bout mid-season, and even then with heavy rotation. I love what I have seen out of Brown so far though. I wish we could put his mind in Peps body because the kid is giving it all hes got on almost every play and its just preseason.

Well, I have a feeling that Peppers teammates would strongly disagree with that statement, as do I.

yeah well i think i know jesus' opinion and he agrees with me. i mean as well as we're just pulling poo out of our ass might as well go for it you know?

of course there is one former team mate we both know the opinion of, but we'll just ignore what he said for your sake.

There is no doubt in my mind that losing Peppers would hurt us severely, since there is no other player on the roster that can even come close to Peppers production as an every down DE. Not by a longshot.

you mean at the end of the day there won't be a player with as many sacks as he had in 2008, which is of course the stat of the casual fan.

now as far as constantly disrupting the play? brayton and johnson were both playing peppers off the field last year, and you can go to nfl.com/rewind and watch every single game. if you're really willing to tell me you still think peppers is the most disruptive, consistent DE on the team then I'll buy you a hat.

Well, since Peppers teammates have spoken by voting him as a team captain, I think it's safe to say that I'm not making poo up like you do Fiz.

As far as Brown having more moves, he has already found out that half of them don't work in the NFL. Anyway, I would be esctatic if Brown actually turns out to be better than or even just as good as Peppers, but he hasn't proven anything yet. I like Brayton, Johnson and Taylor too, but to say that any of them have outplayed Peppers is laughable.

Well, since Peppers teammates have spoken by voting him as a team captain, I think it's safe to say that I'm not making poo up like you do Fiz.

oh a meaningless gesture how quaint.

As far as Brown having more moves, he has already found out that half of them don't work in the NFL.

yeah i remember him struggling during the preseason.

I like Brayton, Johnson and Taylor too, but to say that any of them have outplayed Peppers is laughable.

reality! ha!

Archived