• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Seattle

Lilsmitty09

My sister lives in Bothel, and my company has an employee use "cabin" (actually it's a luxury home built to look like a cabin, like JJ Watts retreat) that is in Kirkland. 

Beautiful area to visit, but even as a California resident who hasn't seen a rainy day in years, I wouldn't want to permanently live there that's for sure. 

When a team is 4-0 against you in the last 3 years it's not really "luck" anymore. Seattle has simply been better than the Panthers. Regardless of how much Seattle may be "on the ropes" as far as their season goes, winning in Seattle is always going to be extremely tough. If the Panthers can win this Sunday it'll be a HUGE statement win for them and I for one will really start to take this team more serious.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Panthers are a good team this year but a win this Sunday would take this team to the next level imo.

I can't figure out why you're not going to the one game held in your country. 

you want to move to a state that pays managers less then what u would make at minimum wage in seattle.

You are trading in cloudy days for unbearable 100 plus degree heat where noone goes outside.

You are trading out hipsters for thugs who will steal your poo.

But atleast there is bojangles. I did love me some sweet tea and chicken when i lived there.

get outta here with that crap. 

you want to move to a state that pays managers less then what u would make at minimum wage in seattle.

You are trading in cloudy days for unbearable 100 plus degree heat where noone goes outside.

You are trading out hipsters for thugs who will steal your poo.

But atleast there is bojangles. I did love me some sweet tea and chicken when i lived there.

I can take the heat. Especially when it drops to the negative temps here. It doesn't get that cold there. I for one love seeing the Sun and blue skies rather than gray for 90 percent of the year, which tends to happen in the northwest. And there are plenty of "thugs" here too. It happens everywhere. In fact where I live near Seattle, it is one of the top places for crime in the country. So...try again.

Idk what you've seen so badly in the Carolinas. The two times I have been there I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Here there is virtually nothing. No beaches, no nice weather, grey days, only mountains. There you can go virtually anywhere to warm or cold weather, on top of it people are much nicer in the Carolinas too. Don't ever come to Washington expecting some hospitality. People up here don't give a poo bout anyone else

I can take the heat. Especially when it drops to the negative temps here. It doesn't get that cold there. I for one love seeing the Sun and blue skies rather than gray for 90 percent of the year, which tends to happen in the northwest. And there are plenty of "thugs" here too. It happens everywhere. In fact where I live near Seattle, it is one of the top places for crime in the country. So...try again.

Idk what you've seen so badly in the Carolinas. The two times I have been there I have absolutely fallen in love with it. Here there is virtually nothing. No beaches, no nice weather, grey days, only mountains. There you can go virtually anywhere to warm or cold weather, on top of it people are much nicer in the Carolinas too. Don't ever come to Washington expecting some hospitality. People up here don't give a poo bout anyone else

I spent some time in Everett, as you know not too far from the Seattle area. For all the reasons above and more, I couldn't wait to get back to the east coast.

Make the move out there, don't say noone told u so

I am originally form the midwest, have lived in Florida, up the eastern seaboard and all the way over to SoCal and then up the western coast to the Seattle area which I mentioned earlier. Granted Everette many not be the best example, however it still stands.

Out of all of my travels this is where it is at. Hands down. So much so I have called it home for well over ten years now.

Indulge me and tell me where you have lived outside of Seattle for comparison sake. My guess? You have never spent much time east of the I-5 more than 50 miles.

Consumer Prices in Seattle, WA are 14.99% higher than in Charlotte, NC
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Seattle, WA are 32.05% higher than in Charlotte, NC
Rent Prices in Seattle, WA are 71.95% higher than in Charlotte, NC
Restaurant Prices in Seattle, WA are 25.35% higher than in Charlotte, NC
Groceries Prices in Seattle, WA are 6.89% higher than in Charlotte, NC

Local Purchasing Power in Seattle, WA is 16.34% lower than in Charlotte, NC

Clothing And ShoesCharSea 
1 Pair of Jeans (Levis 501 Or Similar)38.00 $47.22 $     +24.26 %
1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...)35.80 $48.86 $     +36.47 %
1 Pair of Nike Running Shoes (Mid-Range)63.33 $82.21 $     +29.80 %
1 Pair of Men Leather Business Shoes76.11 $114.17 $     +50.00 %
Rent Per Month   
Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre941.67 $1,628.50 $     +72.94 %
Apartment (1 bedroom) Outside of Centre748.18 $1,221.55 $     +63.27 %
Apartment (3 bedrooms) in City Centre1,857.14 $3,088.25 $     +66.29 %
Apartment (3 bedrooms) Outside of Centre1,171.75 $2,175.37 $     +85.65 %
Buy Apartment Price   
Price per Square Feet to Buy Apartment in City Centre150.00 $523.33 $     +248.89 %
Price per Square Feet to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre100.00 $292.25 $     +192.25 %
Salaries And Financing   
Average Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax)3,235.00 $3,573.57 $     +10.47 %
Mortgage Interest Rate in Percentages (%), Yearly3.963.95     -0.21 %
Last update:October, 2015October, 2015 

Data from past:18 months

Screw Seattle.

I would say something about carolina litteracy and education, but thats were i learnad maff n engwish.

Dont post something to slander a city thats actually proving why yours is worse.

You are an absolute treasure to this site.  Glad you are here.  KEEP POUNDING bro.  :)

Archived