• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok here is why people don't respect the panthers

frash.exe

Law of averages?

since when has the football media ever honored anything "average"?

there's a reason people seldom use this logic outside of pantherland and it's because it's a lousy way to try and slip the Panthers 2002-present in a discussion of the most elite teams, when they're really not.

I don't care to compare the 2003 steelers with the 2002, 2004, or 2007 panthers because the biggest thing both teams had in common for whichever 7-9 year you choose was the fact that they weren't playing in January.

What good is the season if it ain't a SB win?

and this is in reference to exactly what...

the media isn't going to respect the panthers more just because their losing seasons are among the "best" losing seasons.

when you get into consistency of a team, trying to decipher 7-9s from 5-11s and 6-10s is pretty much splitting atoms.

Also it took Cowher 7 seasons of prior coaching before he fielded a 6-10 football team, yet that was only after achieving a playoff berth in each of his first 6 seasons while going 7-9 after.

Give Fox enough seasons and we'll see him go 6-10 or less, and not because he's bad, only because it's pretty much happened to every other coach, even Coughlin, even Belichick (though early on in his career)

My post was about Gman's post where he listed "elite" franchises that I view as currently less than elite. Even the national media isn't pimping the Packers and Skins as being "elite" in their current situations. My point was that past success ≠ current "elite" designation. His perceptions are skewed due to an obvious dislike for Fox and Delhomme. Are they great? Probably never will be considered so, but they're what we got. Gman seems to be hoping for failure so they are replaced rather than supporting the team as a fan truly desiring success should. Gman is no fan of the Panthers.

since when has the football media ever honored anything "average"?

there's a reason people seldom use this logic outside of pantherland and it's because it's a lousy way to try and slip the Panthers 2002-present in a discussion of the most elite teams, when they're really not.

I don't care to compare the 2003 steelers with the 2002, 2004, or 2007 panthers because the biggest thing both teams had in common for whichever 7-9 year you choose was the fact that they weren't playing in January.

and this is in reference to exactly what...

49ers elite? Rams? Eagles? Phins? It seems as though you're putting more focus on past accomplishments than current product. There is a difference between "elite" and "pimped" as far as the media goes.

As long as we continue to put players in there who put the team first, and don't run their mouths and draw attention to themselves, we aren't going to get any respect.

I'll take that.

The media generally doesn't know what they're talking about anyways, espn and all it's wisdom had us as one if the worst teams in the league last year, while everyone here had the feeling we would be a good team.

The media just likes to spread their cheeks open for the me-first players and teams.

Archived