• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Throw at Norman or the ground?

Moorgan

You could throw at the ground and get a 39.6 rating...

See, this is why I hate stats (and I'm a math nerd).

Makes sense from the standpoint of 0 being the absolute worst, as an incompletion is not the worst possible outcome of a pass. I assume that throwing an interception on every possible attempt would earn someone a zero.

yea but how many times a game can you do that and still have that rating?

Every single pass can be incomplete, and as long as the QB doesn't throw a pick they earn that rating.

So, Bradford must be aware of Norman, Tillman, Kuechly and Davis at all times when throwing the ball. Well that eliminates 4 of his receivers. We know he hates pressure and hesitates while being slow to get the ball out of his hands. That means they have to at least leave in a TE to help block with the OL.

So, 6 blockers and 4 receivers with Bradford at QB. He will have to run a lot and not get injured.

The only chance any team really has against the Panthers D is blocking with 5, rolling out the QB, and throwing it deep over the top of the safeties while hoping for the best.

So, Bradford must be aware of Norman, Tillman, Kuechly and Davis at all times when throwing the ball. Well that eliminates 4 of his receivers. We know he hates pressure and hesitates while being slow to get the ball out of his hands. That means they have to at least leave in a TE to help block with the OL.

So, 6 blockers and 4 receivers with Bradford at QB. He will have to run a lot and not get injured.

The only chance any team really has against the Panthers D is blocking with 5, rolling out the QB, and throwing it deep over the top of the safeties while hoping for the best.

which is pretty damn close to what the Seahawks game plan was. It almost worked.

Archived