• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm waiting, Carolina.

SmootsDaddy89

And switching to the 3-4 couldn't be any worse than the clusterfug of defense we execute lately.

And who's to say Cowher would for sure implement it. Does anyone know if he used the 3-4 in Pittsburgh because he thinks it's the best scheme evar or because he thought it suited the players they had? Maybe he'd come here and decide the 3-4 wouldn't work. Basically I don't think that's a legit reason to say he'd be a horrible hire here.

In Bill Cowher, I see George Seifert, part deux.

Cowher succeeded in the Steelers system. I'm not convinced he'll succeed outside of it.

And no, I don't want Gruden either. Outside of one year removed from Dungy, he was a poster boy for mediocrity. Add in that by the end he was ousted because his players hated him.

Shanahan? What did he ever do without John Elway that'd make you want him?

As to McDermott, he's had one game, and if he runs that 'balls to the wall' style all the time, a veteran OC will eat him alive. Jim Johnson knew how to temper his defensive schemes. McDermott may learn, but I wouldn't anoint him "the next big thing" just yet.

For the record, if we were to go looking for a new coach - and it's way too soon to suggest that, but for the sake of discussion - these are guys I could see looking at (in no particular order) :

Ron Rivera: defensive coordinator, San Diego Chargers

Rob Ryan: defensive coordinator, Cleveland Browns

Leslie Frazier: defensive coordinator, Minnesota Vikings

Russ Grimm: offensive line coach, Arizona Cardinals

Jim Bates: defensive coordinator, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bring me one of these guys and I might be interested.

And switching to the 3-4 couldn't be any worse than the clusterf**k of defense we execute lately.

And who's to say Cowher would for sure implement it. Does anyone know if he used the 3-4 in Pittsburgh because he thinks it's the best scheme evar or because he thought it suited the players they had? Maybe he'd come here and decide the 3-4 wouldn't work. Basically I don't think that's a legit reason to say he'd be a horrible hire here.

I doubt Cowher would run a 4-3 if he came to The Panther's organization. If we had a great 4-3 defense then maybe he would reconsider leaving the d alone like Mike Tomlin decided not to change The Steelers defense to a 4-3 . Cowher is a control freak and I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to switch the D to a 3-4. I wouldn't mind The Panthers using the 3-4 for some of their defensive packages with Pep as our OLB.

Archived