• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where Is This Team Headed?

themikestrick

I know that it's still relatively early in the season but I have some questions about the team and in what direction you guys think it is headed. 

1. I think re signing Nicolas Batum has to be the number one priority of the team right now.  With that said if he continues to play like he has so far does he deserve a max contract? 

2.  Al will be returning soon from injury/suspension.  When he returns does he resume his roll of starer who averages 30 minutes or are his minutes cut with the emergence of some of the other guys?  What do we do with him?  Do we try to work out a trade or just keep him the rest of the season and let him go in free agency or do we re sign him?

3.  The team is currently in 7th place in the Eastern Conference but only 3 games out of 1st place.  I think we have had some good wins but I also think we have had some loses against teams that should had been wins.  Where do you think we finish?

4.  Do we make any moves by the trade deadline and if so what moves do you think me make?

5.  Do we re sign any of the other players that are going to be free agents at the end of the season?  Marvin Williams, Brian Roberts, Tyler Hansbrough, and Troy Daniels.  And do we pick up the team option of P.J. Hairston?

I would really like to see Al traded for anything of value. I think he doesn't fit with what this team needs to be doing and him coming back will just hurt us.

I don't think it's realistic at all but I saw someone say we should try and move Al and Marvin's expiring contracts for Dwight Howard and his expiring. Dwight isn't what he was at one time but he is exactly the type of player we lack. A big-time defensive center who rebounds. Surround him with the shooting we have and we might actual be a legit contender for once. 

10 hours ago, Manos said:

I would really like to see Al traded for anything of value. I think he doesn't fit with what this team needs to be doing and him coming back will just hurt us.

I don't think it's realistic at all but I saw someone say we should try and move Al and Marvin's expiring contracts for Dwight Howard and his expiring. Dwight isn't what he was at one time but he is exactly the type of player we lack. A big-time defensive center who rebounds. Surround him with the shooting we have and we might actual be a legit contender for once. 

This would be freaking awesome if it happened. Not really a huge fan of Dwight, but I imagine with our spacing and ball movement paired with lots of outside shooting could be the perfect recipe for him to dominate. A high energy big who defends the rim and works on the offensive boards could be the missing piece to a playoff series win.

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned it in the most recent gamethread I think, but i havent been able to make them as often because my wife and I just welcomed our 4th child 9ver the holiday season, so it's been pretty hectic.  But, before, even if i hadnt made the gamethread before, someone else did.  I think the repetitive, roller coaster nature of the team, and most improtantly, the seemingly apathetic nature of the squad has carried over into the forum.

Or maybe the huge success of our football team has been of greater focus, and for good reason, due to the unprecedented amount of success they're having?

Couod be a combination of those things, and others...  regardless, i still watch every game, but man, it just seems like the team just stopped giving a poo aft3r that loss at home to Cleveland.  There just isnt the same fire or urgency, especially defensively.

Archived