• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers win SB50, they will become the new Villians of the NFL

CarolinaCoolin

I see your point OP, and I agree. We'll be hated if we win and destroyed if we lose. There's a poo ton of people that want to see us fail. I've already seen comments on social media saying, "I can't wait for Manning to humble "Scam," etc. There's also a poo ton of people who like us as well, though. So, I can also see us being viewed like the Golden State Warriors as well.

I say, bring it on though. Bring all of it on. I've been waiting for this moment since the last time we were in the SB. I expect sustained success this time around, though.

You're not gonna win every game and you're not gonna win over every casual fan. Just not gonna happen. And not everyone loves Peyton Manning either, and the nation won't go into mourning if the Broncos lose and it does turn out to be his last game.

24 minutes ago, CarolinaCoolin said:

It's like you guys missed the point. 

I got your point. I just don't agree with it. Millions of kids all over the world idolize Cam, and that alone disproves your villain theory. 

1 hour ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

*yawn* Another thread about people trying to predict how we'll be "perceived" as if you can predict it or as if that matters.

I don't understand the underlying theme of wanting to be liked as a fan base and team so much. 

33 minutes ago, caatfan said:

I got your point. I just don't agree with it. Millions of kids all over the world idolize Cam, and that alone disproves your villain theory. 

no it doesnt. and from your comment its clear that you didnt.

not saying we are villains. not saying we should even be viewed as villains. im saying if we win there will be a vast majority of racist fans, butthurt media members, and butthurt opposing fans who will view us as villains because of the things weve accomplished, cam being black, and them not really knowing much about us. Kids liking cam disproves nothing

2 hours ago, Camvp said:

Nah, we're gonna be closer to how the Golden State Warriors are viewed, I think

i would hope but there are clear differences between those situations. 1 nba is a majority black sport with zero polarizing figures on the warriors. 2 Steph curry and his family are completely well regarded, you cant find a single thing to hate about them at all. 3 there are still alot of people in this country who dont wish to see black qbs. those are fans, media, etc. 

Archived