• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Analyzing Delhomme's Interceptions

MurkN

Its easy to look at a play and see whats right or wrong when you have had 3 days.

Try 3 seconds.....

However, people bitch when Smith DOESNT get the ball, and at the 1/2 he only had 2 receptions.

Now if your a QB, and your behind, and there is a STAR WR who has carried your team before- WHY WOULD YOU NOT try to get him the ball.

Jake gets it both ways; if he doesnt throw to Smith he gets crap, and when he trys to let Smith carry the team and it doesnt work out, he is an ass. But when it does, its SMITH bailing Jake out...

Its just a Jake thing with folks. But in reality its football.

The coaches will call plays for their playmakers when the game is at stake.

For all we know Davidson said; you will get Smith the ball....

Blahhh. Blahh... Blahh....

The game is over... we lost, look forward to Sunday.....

I kinda agree but look at the Patriots game. Ben Watson catches TWO td's down the stretch.

In TRAFFIC over the middle. Not Moss but Watson(from Rock Hill btw).

Reads. Understanding matchup problems.

As for the pic on Jarrett being open. Wasn't Jake looking the other way?

That first pic had Barnridge go in motion to the far side. WHY?

Why are you sending a TE that far out in motion? No coverage rolled to him. In fact, I bet we don't even pass 10% of the time to someone who has gone in motion.

Send a rb in motion out of the backfield, get him right near where SS is and THEN see some action.

AWESOME AWESOME job Murk. This is why I do NOT have tivo. This is all I would do is break down plays and go even more insane.

Do you have anything on formations when Moose went deep?

Specifically AFTER Moose went deep because I think he was gassed for a few plays.

That first pic had Barnridge go in motion to the far side. WHY?

Why are you sending a TE that far out in motion? No coverage rolled to him. In fact, I bet we don't even pass 10% of the time to someone who has gone in motion.

Send a rb in motion out of the backfield, get him right near where SS is and THEN see some action.

AWESOME AWESOME job Murk. This is why I do NOT have tivo. This is all I would do is break down plays and go even more insane.

Do you have anything on formations when Moose went deep?

Specifically AFTER Moose went deep because I think he was gassed for a few plays.

Motioning players has two advantages:

1) To try and create a mismatch, maybe the corner goes out to Barnidge which leaves a LB on Smith.

2) To try and make the defense show the coverage. If the LB goes out on Barnidge they are playing man, if nothing changes they are playing a zone. Also the safeties reaction can dictate the coverages as well.

In either case Barnidge is simply a decoy.

As many times as I've watched that play of the first INT does no one else see the ball tipped by the linebacker altering the ball behind Smith? Am I absolutely crazy because I haven't seen anyone say that at all, to me its obvious. I hear people say that Smith tipped the ball which he did but the ball was deflected before it got to Smith.

It was most definently tipped at the line, or by a LB. I was at the game and sit in the end zone (the end we were throwing from.) It was tipped at the line, which deflected/slowed it down, thus it ended behind Smith. He tried to make a great play by reaching back to get it, however he tipped it up into the air to be picked. If only it was a little more behind him, it just lands on the ground.

You are a Fans fan. Good breakdown. Atlanta defense is better that what I see here so Jake better check down on Sunday or it will be a long game. i am an Atlanta guy but got stuck with Delhomme on my fantasy team. For what it's worth, I benched him this week and picked up Feely.

Bad move, Hopefully you got another QB, if not Delhomme or Feely arent going to help you win this week :)

You are a Fans fan. Good breakdown. Atlanta defense is better that what I see here so Jake better check down on Sunday or it will be a long game. i am an Atlanta guy but got stuck with Delhomme on my fantasy team. For what it's worth, I benched him this week and picked up Feely.

Why wouldn't you pick up Ryan?

As many times as I've watched that play of the first INT does no one else see the ball tipped by the linebacker altering the ball behind Smith? Am I absolutely crazy because I haven't seen anyone say that at all, to me its obvious. I hear people say that Smith tipped the ball which he did but the ball was deflected before it got to Smith.

I did see that, and I've only seen a very few people mention it. They kept saying that Jake threw it behind Smitty, but it was tipped at the line, which is why it went right.

that first one was tipped. not jake's fault.

the rest...they're on jake, the oline, and the coaches.

jake's big thing was relying too much on smitty. goal should have been, if there was a white jersey with no green ones around it, get the ball to them. look both ways, btw. there is another side of the field.

oline's big thing was not adjusting to the pressure from the defense. if you want to win this year, you have to keep the defense from getting to the backfield.

coaching, recognize that teams are now going to blitz more than ever because the bird teams have shown how effective it can be. also, if the other phases of the game improve and jake doesn't...pull the plug and put moore in.

...pull the plug and put moore in.

Its sad to think that could be fox's best chance of keeping his job right now. If we are say 0-3 at the bye and he goes with Moore and the Panthers finish say 5-8 and Moore plays well I think Fox will get a pass. However, if we finish 5-11 with Jake playing horrible then he will sadly be fired.

Jake has a lot of pressure on his shoulders going into this game. The coaching staff HAS to find a way to alleviate that pressure.

Archived