• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tale of the Tape - It's all about the points baby!

redbuddha

Shhhh, don't tell anybody but I took off from work today to do Panthers research!

Starting with the broncos and panthers team stat sites, was looking for things that caught my attention.

Panthers 6 Interceptions, Sacks 8, 2 Fumble recoveries +8 t/o Ratio

Broncos 2 Interceptions, Sacks 7, 2 Fumble recoveries +2 t/o Ratio

Panthers Cam is avg 70% completions with a 9.9 avg per attempt, Long completion(s) 86, 54, 39

Broncos Peyton is avg 55% completions with at 5.8 avg per attempt, Long completion(s) 34, 31

Panthers 2nd leading rusher Cam, 50 yards 2 Tds. 7 people listed! 5 td's for the group.

Broncos 3rd leading rusher for the Broncos Peyton Manning with 10 total yards. There were only 3 listed! only 1 rushing td in postseason.

Panthers 496 Passing yards, 1 Receiver(s) & 1 TE over 100+ yards, 3 with over 15 yards avg reception, 2 Receiver td's, 1 TE td.

Broncos 398 Passing yards, Sanders 147 yards, only Bronco over 100 yards. 0 Bronco receiver td's, 2 TE td's

Panthers 16/29 Third Down Conversions, 55%

Broncos 9/32 Third Down Conversions, 28%

Panthers 8 Offensive TD's & 2 Defensive TD's, 3/3 FG's

Broncos 3 TD's, 7/7 FG's

Looking at the team schedules

Panthers only two times all season did the Panthers score less than Denver's season avg. of 22.2

Broncos only two times all season did the Broncos score more than 30 points.

Panthers Secret ingredient - Gettleman assists staff with playoff planning 

Broncos Secret ingredient - Seek out prostitutes to revitalize energy!

So I made a little chart of how Denver's D fared against the run this season.  For each team, I posted their season ranking in rushing offense.  There are some interesting observations that can be made from it.  I posted about it in the "What Broncos Fans are saying."

What can y'all see...

Denver Rushing Stats.png

Archived