• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Turning Point: The Clete Blakeman Effect

CPantherKing

8 minutes ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Jesus. After watching the entire Inside The Nfl and the MIC'd up, what a fuggin joke. The TD after the "non catch" was hands literally right to cams face, the offsides, the batted ball. Robbed. I'll never get over this. After such an amazing year...only to be beaten by a fuggin handful of bad calls to a great Denver D and a crappy Denver O...smh..

It's worse than finding out about Spygate and the Patriots knowing our calls.  At least that was years later and at least it was a team cheating and not the refs (hell, to my knowledge lol).  

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

It's worse than finding out about Spygate and the Patriots knowing our calls.  At least that was years later and at least it was a team cheating and not the refs (hell, to my knowledge lol).  

Seriously tempted to make a video showing all the BS in the game. Not that it would matter cause the league would take it down and everyone outside of Carolina hates Cam for no actual reason and they'd just be ignorant and say "24-10" or "U mad"

Just now, Lilsmitty09 said:

Seriously tempted to make a video showing all the BS in the game. Not that it would matter cause the league would take it down and everyone outside of Carolina hates Cam for no actual reason and they'd just be ignorant and say "24-10" or "U mad"

Please do it so I can send it to people on my facebook lol.

12 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

1) He left out judgement calls.  Which is PIs or holding.  The list would be longer if not.  Your team was holding each play as well.  Most teams do.  It has and always will be a judgement call.

2) Denver offense played just as bad, or worse, than ours.  If you didn't have the help of terrible calls all game, the game would have probably been dead even.   When you get an early score in a defensive game that shouldn't have even happened, it lets you play differently and have momentum and better options for strategy.

I say it was a good 60% bad play and 40% refs.  We had to play perfect to beat two teams.  We didn't.   Broncos if they lost, would have been 100% bad play.  

I'm a Panthers fan.  My point is the list is very one sided.  We all know the calls that were complete garbage but the list adds several plays that are only there if you are looking for ways we got screwed.

I'm sure a Denver fan could put a list together as well of all the calls that they think went against them, as in the multiple times our tackles were guilty of holding.

Giving the refs 40% credit for the loss is way too much.  If the Panthers execute, it doesn't matter.  This is coming from someone who was disgusted by the officiating and has been bringing up the egregious mistakes to everyone who talks about the game with me.

There is nothing wrong with feeling Carolina was the better team--they were and are--but they just got beat because they beat themselves.  Trying to lay the majority of blame on the refs--or almost half of it--is a way of coping with the loss because one doesn't want to believe that our players that went 17-1 with 10 Pro Bowlers laid an egg, at least on the offensive side of the ball and special teams.

7 minutes ago, BigKing said:

I'm a Panthers fan.  My point is the list is very one sided.  We all know the calls that were complete garbage but the list adds several plays that are only there if you are looking for ways we got screwed.

I'm sure a Denver fan could put a list together as well of all the calls that they think went against them, as in the multiple times our tackles were guilty of holding.

Giving the refs 40% credit for the loss is way too much.  If the Panthers execute, it doesn't matter.  This is coming from someone who was disgusted by the officiating and has been bringing up the egregious mistakes to everyone who talks about the game with me.

There is nothing wrong with feeling Carolina was the better team--they were and are--but they just got beat because they beat themselves.  Trying to lay the majority of blame on the refs--or almost half of it--is a way of coping with the loss because one doesn't want to believe that our players that went 17-1 with 10 Pro Bowlers laid an egg, at least on the offensive side of the ball and special teams.

Nope.   Denver didn't have two fumble strips that shouldn't have happened.  They didn't have a missed field goal because of offsides.   Please, stop trying to stand on your soapbox when the evidence is there.  I've asked Denver fans for a list, and I bet there isn't one.  I looked all over the web, and all I see is tons of articles about the Panthers getting bad calls and ZERO about Denver not getting any.    I'd love to see a Denver fan go across the game and find any game breaking calls like we did.   There isn't any.  No, holding calls don't count when everyone is holding.  

10 minutes ago, BigKing said:

The list is one sided because the calls were one sided.

5 minutes ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

The day the NFL has info released about how the fix was in will be one of the happiest days of my life.

Guarantee we blow Denver out next year and calls are clean. Wanna know why? Peyton won't be there so the league won't give a single poo about them.

I doubt it happens.  The NFL has built the league in a way that the refs take the full blunt of the blame.  "Judgement" calls and muddled rulebook help them out.  The refs probably don't care, because they are never fired or face any kind of discipline.  

2 hours ago, heelinfine said:

The CATCH by Cotchery and the ensuing blow to Newtons head strip sack td was definently a game changing play. That play alone was enough to question the officials integrity.

Cam was outside the pocket and and threw past LOS. No grounding.

The kick interference would to had been declined for the resulting return to stand.

There was 0 "game changing" momentum busting bad or no calls on Denver. There were many such calls against Carolina.

Seriously? 

I'll give you the Cotchery catch on some level....I thought he caught it, but I also think it was close enough that the ruling on the field had to stand either way.

You gotta be kidding me on the Von Miller strip sack. You actually want helmet to helmet? If so, wow.

Kick catch interference would have been tacked onto the play.

Cam did not get the ball back to the line on the one he was out of the pocket when Ware had him. Wrong again.

The one he did get back to the line he was in the pocket.

You are making stuff up. If it makes you feel better that's fine though.

1 hour ago, BigKing said:

That long post about each "bad call" adds a lot of plays that were just plays and not actually worthy of a call.  It also ignores actual penalties not called against the Panthers but states "there were no bad or missed calls against Denver" which is false as holding could have been called multiple times on the Carolina tackles.  There is legit beef to be had here, but a lot of those "incidents" are a stretch.  You can call a penalty on every play pretty much if you follow the exact letter of the law/rule book.

The refs were biased, no doubt, but the Panthers still played horribly.  This shouldn't be surprising though: there is almost always a ref bias in every sport where the marquee teams get calls others don't.  It sucks but everyone knew--or should of known--that the refs were going to be a problem and they'd have to play well enough to overcome it.  Going in to the game, my only concerns were the refs and the possibility of defensive TDs for Denver.

This is in no way unprecedented either.  Seattle got completely fugged over in the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh as there was no way Bettis wasn't leaving with a ring in his last game and in his hometown, plus it was smaller market v. one of the NFL elite.

You can't drop easy catches.  You can't be 300 pounds and fumble when running over a safety. You definitely can't do it when you are fighting the zebras as well.

My hope is that the players take full responsibility for the loss and don't get caught up in the ref complaints that we've been harping on since Sunday; however, I'd like them to know that the league fugged with them and use it as further motivation to beat everyone by 20 next season and not allow the refs to ever be much of a factor.

Got it. Blown calls that went the Panthers way don't count. Blown calls that went the Broncos way are inexcusable.

It's really funny too that you aren't able to list specific plays aside from a very close catch/no catch that really could have gone either way. I listed specific plays with detail and how they would have effected the situation as far as down and distance go.

31 minutes ago, Lilsmitty09 said:

Jesus. After watching the entire Inside The Nfl and the MIC'd up, what a fuggin joke. The TD after the "non catch" was hands literally right to cams face, the offsides, the batted ball. Robbed. I'll never get over this. After such an amazing year...only to be beaten by a fuggin handful of bad calls to a great Denver D and a crappy Denver O...smh..

Has it occurred to you guys that the ONLY people saying the refs had any impact are Panther fans. Nobody from the national media has even mentioned it as a topic of discussion.

Losing respect.

2 minutes ago, letsgobroncos said:

Got it. Blown calls that went the Panthers way don't count. Blown calls that went the Broncos way are inexcusable.

It's really funny too that you aren't able to list specific plays aside from a very close catch/no catch that really could have gone either way. I listed specific plays with detail and how they would have effected the situation as far as down and distance go.

Are you posting this on the wrong account???

Both teams had some calls go against them. None were AWFUL or completely changed the game. Happens every game that there is an iffy call or two. Nothing out of the ordinary.

But if you guys are going to pick every little call and say it was wrong then I have provided you a list of every little call that went the Panthers way to counter your argument.

1 minute ago, letsgobroncos said:

Both teams had some calls go against them. None were AWFUL or completely changed the game. Happens every game that there is an iffy call or two. Nothing out of the ordinary.

But if you guys are going to pick every little call and say it was wrong then I have provided you a list of every little call that went the Panthers way to counter your argument.

I would call two fumble strips that shouldn't have happened pretty game changing, wouldn't you? 

I want to see this list.  I looked at all your posts and don't see it.  Is it on another troll alt?

Archived