• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UEFA Euro 2016

DirtyMagic97

45 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

Germany is going to win unless they show up cocky...  Germany defense and midfield are the best in the world.

Their defense isn't what it used to be... they are still very good but outside of Boateng and I guess Hummels there isn't a whole lot of experience back there, especially at the outside back positions. They haven't been really tested this tournament and it'll be interesting to see how they hold up against Italy and as they progress deeper into the tournament. Curious to see what combination Low starts out back against the Italians. 

31 minutes ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Their defense isn't what it used to be... they are still very good but outside of Boateng and I guess Hummels there isn't a whole lot of experience back there, especially at the outside back positions. They haven't been really tested this tournament and it'll be interesting to see how they hold up against Italy and as they progress deeper into the tournament. Curious to see what combination Low starts out back against the Italians. 

Italians play a lot of defense with counterattacks...  Germans had problems against Ukraine when they played similar formation.  Italy is much better than Ukraine... We shall see.

7 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Thoughts on Germany's match up with the Italians?

I would have rather played Spain to be honest.  We are a much better team that Italy but with their style of play, if they play well it always gives us trouble.  I am worried about scoring.  Score the first goal and we should advance with ease, but the longer it remains scoreless the tougher it is goIng to be.

All that being said, from what I have seen there will have to be a massive upset for us not to see a Germany-Belgium final

2 hours ago, Goondal said:

I would have rather played Spain to be honest.  We are a much better team that Italy but with their style of play, if they play well it always gives us trouble.  I am worried about scoring.  Score the first goal and we should advance with ease, but the longer it remains scoreless the tougher it is goIng to be.

All that being said, from what I have seen there will have to be a massive upset for us not to see a Germany-Belgium final

Conte will come in with a plan to stifle Germany. Italy is about as well-managed a team in this tournament as anyone. It will be hard fought and Germany doesn't have a great history against Italy. That said, I think Germany wins a very close match. Could see 1-0.

19 minutes ago, DirtyMagic97 said:

Conte will come in with a plan to stifle Germany. Italy is about as well-managed a team in this tournament as anyone. It will be hard fought and Germany doesn't have a great history against Italy. That said, I think Germany wins a very close match. Could see 1-0.

Cannot argue with any of that and we agree on the final score.  This is the most worrisome match-up from here forward.

I'm not as nearly as well versed or invested in soccer as I am football and basketball, but I usually always watch international-level competitions.  That being said, in watching almost every game Portugal has played in the EURO this year, this Joan Mario guy sucks ass.  Like really bad.

Honestly, from what I've watched, Ronaldo has no help outside of Nani and Quaresma.  The rest of their team is pretty atrocious, but Joan Mario is THE WORST.

Archived